This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the
organization, supervision and direction of the strength and
conditioning for Women’s Basketball.
- Direct all aspects of the strength & conditioning program
for women’s basketball. This position is expected to be part of all
team activities, practices, games, team meals, travel, etc.
- Assist student-athletes to perform to their physical potential
in their sport through the development and management of strength
and conditioning programs; develop programs by evaluating current
physical conditioning, having a knowledge of the sport(s) and
associated exercises, tailoring strength programs for specific
needs, demonstrating proper performance of exercises, correcting
mistakes; manage programs by monitoring progress and providing an
assessment of development.
- Reduce the occurrence of sport related injuries or the
aggravation of such injuries during practice sessions and scheduled
contests by being knowledgeable of the injuries commonly sustained
in the sport and implementing proper pre-practice/competition
- Collaborate with the Sports Performance Team: Sports Medicine,
Sports Nutrition and Sport Psychology.
- Participate in on-campus recruiting visits and team-building
activities, as requested by the head coach.
- Achieve and maintain professional certification(s).
- Assist with scheduling, maintenance and the general operations
of the varsity weight room including but not limited to working
with an additional team(s).
- Abide by all Drexel, CAA and NCAA rules and guidelines.
- Contribute to the overall success of the University's athletics
program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology,
Kinesiology, Physical Education, Sports Management or a related
field or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with collegiate and/or
professional athletes (Basketball preferred)
- Must hold a current strength and conditioning certification
recognized by the NCAA (NSCA-CSCS and/or CSCCa - SCCC preferred)
and preferably one of the following: USAW, CFSC, ACSM, NASM or
- Typically standing, walking
- Lifting demands > 50lbs
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt.
The offered salary is dependent upon internal equity and the
successful candidate’s competencies, education, and
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary
structure and Compensation Guidelines & Policies, please visit
the Compensation and
Please review the
for some information on our benefits
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 20 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 20 2023 Eastern Daylight Time