ABOUT GRINNELL COLLEGE
Grinnell College is a private liberal arts college located in Grinnell, Iowa and is ranked #11 on the U.S. News and World Report’s list of Best National Liberal Arts Colleges.
Grinnell College is a top ranked Liberal Arts institution that values diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, intellectual freedom, and social responsibility. We seek candidates that align with these values and have the ability and desire to advance our values and belonging within our community and the communities we engage. Ideal candidates will be prepared to collaborate and contribute to the mission and values of the college across all constituencies.
The Coordinator of Commencement and Conferences is responsible for planning and implementation of all activities related to commencement, including selection of the commencement speaker. This role will work with new external clients having the end goal of increasing revenue generation. This would include the planning and execution of client events throughout the summer and academic year. The coordinator has the responsibility for estimates, proposals, budget, billing, and revenue reconciliation for these events. The candidate would also be supervising student workers during both the academic year and summer months.
- Manage the planning and execution of Commencement related activities
- Manage Commencement Speaker Selection process
- Assist in building relationships, community outreach, recruiting and marketing conference to external constituents
- Manage execution of external client events
- Handle estimates, proposals, billing for client events
- Revenue reconciliation at month and year end with the accounting office
- Supervise student workers
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years or more of relevant work experience or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with community outreach and relationship building
- Champions Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Planning and organizing skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate strategically with a variety of constituents
- Independent self-starter with developed problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with supervision and recognizes the value of teamwork
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Study in the area of hospitality or event management a plus
- Demonstrated experience with logistics and event planning