Health Promotions Coordinator
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a
Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution
(MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54
foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time
Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly
talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the
Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of
resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to
collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member
institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240-acre island on
Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best
College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern,
attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support
From our generous
benefits package and professional development opportunities, to
our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence,
the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to
Learn more information here!
This position is responsible for the planning and delivery of
wellness programs through the Division of Student Engagement &
Success THRIVE 365 program and the University Health Center. In
addition the position will plan and deliver alcohol and drug
prevention programs and serves as the advisor to Islander Peer
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - 60%
ADMINISTRATION AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - 40%
- Oversee, develop, coordinate and implement the delivery of
THRIVE 365 health promotion activities, celebrations, special
events and educational programs.
- Create and deliver training and workshops to prepare
students to succeed in maintaining a wellness focus
- Establish and maintain essential communication channels with
both educational and non-educational agencies on & off
- Oversee and implement risk management protocols for all
programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with departments within the Student Wellbeing
Unit in the Division of Student Engagement & Success, and
others across campus to deliver programs, workshops and special
events centered around the 8 Dimensions of Wellness.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Serve as advisor to Islander Peer Educators,
- Assist and advise student groups/organizations on
programming related to wellness.
- Oversee fiscal accounts specific to health promotion and
Islander Peer Educators. Follow all TAMUS and university protocols
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate graduate assistant and
other student employees for the health promotions
- Research and secure sponsorships, and grants for
- Market programs, workshops and special events to the campus
community. Work with the Communications Specialist within the
division, to effectively use social media and other methods of
- Participate in university committees and
- Participate in local community organizations, task forces
that have a wellness focus.
- Serve as a resource to campus and community groups in the
area of wellness related topics.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SEE
- Bachelors Degree
- Three (3) years of related experience in health promotions
work or closely related work.
- Combination of experience and education may substitute:
Master's degree with one (1) year of related experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing health related
educational workshops, programs, and special events.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work normal office hours, nights and weekends as
SALARY: $40,000 - $48,000/annually, consideration given to
education and experience.
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Public
Health, College Student Personnel or closely related
- Experience advising student organizations.
- Experience working at an institution of higher education,
providing in person programs, special events and workshops to
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to be a
productive team member.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Health-Promotions-Coordinator_R-066194