Career Opportunity Number
Part Time Staff: Legal Analyst II
Temporary Part-Time Staff
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
The Part-Time Staff Legal Analyst II will support MCC’s Legal
Department that is responsible for advising administrators,
officials, and the Board of Trustees on a wide variety of legal
matters involving the District, including compliance with District
policies and applicable local, state, and federal laws and
regulations. This position will report directly to the attorney
within the Legal Department by providing contract support, managing
internal correspondence, and administrative duties.
Essential Functions, included but not limited to:
- Process and managing contract requests and responses.
- Drafts, reviews, edits, processes, and revises contracts,
leases, bid requests, and other legal documents and correspondence;
verifies that information is accurate.
- Conducts legal research when necessary; and ensures compliance
with applicable laws, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison to administrators, employees, departments,
outside parties, attorneys, and insurance companies regarding
contracts, litigation, and claims.
- Performs administrative duties to include, processing,
maintaining, tracking, and/or updating contract forms, files,
indexes, reports, and other documentation and correspondence;
procuring, customizing, and managing databases to record and
retrieve information; sending out email notifications; and
providing administrative support to facilitate special project
- Perform other related and responsibilities as assigned.
Alternative Education Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Conferred Paralegal Associate degree (A.A.S.)
- One (1) to three (3) years of legal support
- Must demonstrate strong skillsets in the following:
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication
- Positive customer service attitude
- Diligent work ethic
To learn more about the MCC’s Legal Department, please click here
$23.00 per hour
Type of Part-time Job
Part Time Staff
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education, in a related field,
you have as conferred through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- No Answer
- * Do you have experience with working in the public sector
where compliance with organization policies, procedures, as well as
state and federal laws and regulations is required (or willingness
to learn how to work in a compliance-oriented environment)?
- * Do you have experience working with attorneys?
- less than one year
- between 1 and 2 years
- between 2 and 3 years
- between 3 and 4 years
- between 4 and 5 years
- five years or more
- * Do you have prior experience with preparing, editing, and
- * Do you have prior experience with managing large quantity of
documents, email requests, tracking open items, staying on top of
deadlines, and closing out completed tasks?
- * Do you have the ability to take direction and handle assigned
tasks based on well-defined parameters, protocol, and process,
ultimately with little oversight?
- * Do you take direction well and are willing to handle both
complex and simple clerical tasks with a good attitude,
understanding the data entry components of the position and
accuracy/correctness are critical?
- * Are you willing to abide by a confidentiality oath in
handling sensitive legal documents, correspondence, and
- * How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Letter of Recommendation 03
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02
- Other Document 03