Information Technology Project Manager
Arizona State University
Engineering Technical Services
Join the visionary culture at ASU’s Fulton Schools of Engineering.
Engineering Technical Services is seeking a highly motivated and energetic IT Project Manager to collaborate closely with stakeholders to organize and execute technical projects. The ideal candidate will identify and acquire necessary resources and coordinate efforts by all parties to ensure timely delivery of project outcomes in accordance with client and stakeholder expectations. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring frequent reassessment of priorities. This candidate will initiate projects, engage with team members, organize work, guide individual projects, as well as the department project management framework. The ideal candidate will follow through on commitments to achieve high-quality, repeatable results.
$61,750 – $95,000 per year; DOE
- Plans, develops, implements, and manages project teams, defining tasks and assigning work.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships across FSE, and with vendors, resolving conflicts and managing differing priorities.
- Defines project objectives, scope, strategy, schedule, budget, procedures, and outcomes.
- Identifies critical resource expertise and sources to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Guides, supports, and maintains department project management framework, systems, and meetings.
- Establishes and manages expectations within project teams.
- Coordinates directly with business analyst(s) to initiate and organize project outcomes.
- Coaches and trains project team for optimal outcomes.
- Prepares and maintains project status reports, tracks milestones, risks, and dependencies, and adjusts plans as needed.
- Prepares post-project reports, budget allocations, and summaries for timely dissemination.
- Assists or coordinates other assigned duties or projects as directed.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience; 1 of which are in project management, or any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in project management and program administration, including team management, scheduling, task assignment, milestone tracking, problem-solving, budget monitoring, and preparation of project status reports within IT.
- Experience in developing strategies, implementing change management practices, and simultaneously managing multiple complex technology projects.
- Experience in clarifying roles and responsibilities, mitigating conflict, and ensuring understanding of expectations.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Ability to adapt communication style based on context and audience.
- Evidence of a Project Management certification from the Project Management Institute.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in managing projects using agile and/or scrum methodologies.
- Experience in project management within the higher education sector.
- Experience in being detail-oriented, efficient, and organized..
- Experience in building professional relationships through collaboration and influence, even without formal authority.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Position may involve shared offices, telecommuting, and working at Polytechnic Campus as needed
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale. We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements. At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
- Cultivate excellence.
- Deliver innovation that matters.
- Encourage bold thinking.
- Foster a community of learning and collaboration.
- Build a foundation for all to be successful.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4820831_5494