College of Professional Studies
Metropolitan State University of Denver is seeking applicants for a
Clinical Compliance Coordinator. The Clinical Compliance
Coordinator will serve as support for the Nursing Clinical
Placement Manager as well as work as the mCE (myClinicalExchange)
coordinator for the College of Health and Human Sciences.
As support for the Nursing department, the candidate will
coordinate with the Clinical Placement Manager in hiring and
onboarding affiliate faculty and instructors. This position
supports a variety of projects for the Nursing program and oversees
all clinical placement regulatory compliance for nursing students
and faculty. This is a multi-faceted role in a complex environment
that involves the ability to prioritize workflow, be adaptable,
work occasionally in a highly trafficked office setting, make
independent decisions, and work as part of a team.
As the mCE coordinator for the college, the candidate will
coordinate and manage the myClinicalExchange software program that
manages clinical and non-clinical placements in various hospitals
in Colorado. This person will be the primary mCE liaison for the
college to put students into internship and placements and ensure
their requirements (drug testing, background checks, etc.) are
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills
and demonstrate the ability to exercise a high degree of judgment,
discretion, and confidentiality. Excellent time management and
organizational skills are essential. This is an on-campus position
that offers the flexibility of some remote work opportunities,
subject to supervisor approval.
MSU Denver enrolls 17,000 students, where over 60% are first
generation, and over 50% are students of color. We are a designated
Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) located on a vibrant
tri-institutional campus in the heart of downtown Denver and near
to the Rocky Mountains. As the third largest institution of higher
education in Colorado and the only institution with an open access
mission, MSU Denver is a model university for today’s college
students. The University serves the most diverse undergraduate
student population in the state, as well as the most
first-generation students and Deferred Action for Childhood
Arrivals students. We are particularly interested in applicants who
have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and
a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education
for under-represented and historically minoritized groups.
Nursing Clinical Placement Manager Support – 50%
Clinical Placement Regulatory Compliance for the College of
Health and Human Sciences – 50%
- Initiate and monitor affiliate faculty onboarding for the
Nursing department including: attending interviews, gathering and
checking references, sending new hires to HR for orientation,
gathering all required documents/immunizations, creating an
electronic affiliate faculty folder on the Y drive for each new
hire, and connecting them with the facility where they will be
- Create and manage a system for tracking and interviewing
nursing affiliate faculty applicants.
- Assist in the management of affiliate faculty clinical pay
dates and maintenance of spreadsheets. Initiate payment of
affiliate faculty salaries and adjust as needed.
- Ensure the program meets and maintains all required regulatory
documentation including computerized patient documentation
training, HIPAA, immunizations, and Joint Commission
- Collect and track required Human Resource & Department of
- Attend departmental and other required meetings including
quarterly Alliance for Clinical Education (ACE) regional
- May assist the Clinical Placement Manager with coordinating,
requesting, and tracking clinical placements for nursing
- Manage the TracPrac electronic clinical Evaluation Tool
- Collaborate with Nursing Program Coordinator to ensure that all
work is completed related to student and faculty clinical
regulatory compliance including document tracking and maintaining
myClinicalExchange pre- and post-licensure checklists.
- Complete annual reports for accrediting agencies and regulatory
- Collaborate with faculty and departmental staff in
accreditation compliance activities.
- Assist with the tracking and management of departmental
clinical affiliation and clinical scholar agreements in accordance
with state regulations.
- Make independent decisions and exercise sound professional
- Manage required student and faculty clinical regulatory
compliance including document tracking using myClinicalExchange
software for all departments in the college.
- Serve as the liaison for internship placements.
- Responsible for faculty and student orientation and training,
affiliation agreements, data entry, and managing electronic
- Ensure that all clinical facility requirements are in
compliance, including ID badges.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of required documents,
resolving related issues, and meeting all deadlines.
- May assist the Clinical Placement Manager with coordinating,
requesting, and tracking clinical placements for College
Special Projects and Other Duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written
format; the ability to communicate with a wide variety of
constituents effectively and with a high degree of
- Possess excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to summarize information and solve problems
- Computer and technological proficiency with the ability to
learn new systems, software, and tools
- The ability to accurately manage multiple tasks simultaneously
and meet deadlines
- Possess the ability to behave ethically and in compliance with
university policies and procedures
- Able to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of
a diverse urban population
- Three or more years of related administrative and/or program
coordination experience in a professional setting
- Demonstrated record of providing proactive customer
- Experience that demonstrates sound judgment and problem-solving
- Work experience with proven project management skills and the
ability/flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects independently and
work collaboratively and constructively with others as part of a
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in higher education
- Experience with data entry, managing databases, etc.
- Experience with hiring processes
This is a hybrid position designed to support flexibility with both
in-office work, as well as some remote schedules subject to
supervisor approval and department needs.
Salary for Announcement
The full salary range for this position is $ 54,900 - $82,400 ; the
anticipated hiring range is $60,000 - $75,000. The salary of the
finalist selected for this role will be set based upon a variety of
factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience,
training, and qualifications.
MSU Denver offers excellent benefits that include medical, dental,
retirement, tuition benefit, RTD pass, and more. For a brief
overview of these options, please visit our Benefits section.
Instructions to Apply
We will continue accepting applications until the position is
filled. Please apply through MSU Denver Careers
, and search for JR101535.
Internal applicants must apply through their MSU Denver Workday
profile by selecting the Career tab within the Menu and searching
For full consideration, please include the following
2. Cover letter describing relevant job experiences as they relate
to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
3. Names and contact information for three professional references
(at least one reference provided must be a supervisor, either
current or former).
Upload all materials into the resume submission field; multiple
documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively,
merge all documents into one PDF for submission.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Open Until Filled
Posting Representative Email
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants
with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To
request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA
Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and