Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Make It Center Assistant I (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:
To support the planning and implementation of operations, programs
and events, technologies, and experiences within the Make It Center
(MIC). The person in this position will serve in a role that best
fits their strengths in one of the following engagement areas (see
below for area-specific descriptions, duties, and tasks):
1. Operations & Guest Experience
2. Programming & Events
3. IT/AV Support
Description of Duties and Tasks for all MIC Assistant I
Area-specific Description of Duties and Tasks
Operations & Guest Experience:
- Assist staff and guests of the MIC in navigating experiences,
using equipment, and connecting to resources.
- Provide support and front-line customer service for visitors to
the MIC and community or college events designed to promote the
- Participate in special projects, programs, events, and tours as
- Test, support, and provide feedback about user experience
related to supplies, technology and equipment, and products in the
- Answers inquiries, provides information, and resolves or
communicates problems or concerns related to programs and events,
guest experience, space use, services, and equipment within the
- Uphold college policies and procedures related to MIC
operation, programs, and service delivery.
- Serves as an Ambassador of the MIC to promote the MIC to
students, faculty, staff, and external community members.
The person in this role will deliver front-line customer service
and support to facilitate an engaging experience for all guests.
They will also assist with space set-up and event support, provide
tours, check-in and guide guests, engage guests with exhibits in
the MIC and ensure that the service, functions, and operations
support the Make It Center’s vision, mission, and goals.
Area-specific duties and responsibilities include:
Programming & Events:
- Supports the daily operations of the Make It Center (MIC)
including opening and closing the space, ensuring that operational
and customer service standards are met and exceeded. This includes
serving guests, maintaining and supporting the use of equipment,
setting up spaces for various events and programs, and facilitating
a welcoming and engaging guest experience.
- Maintains facilities to ensure a clean and safe environment for
- Performs clerical and data entry support for reporting and
planning purposes such as utilization reports, guest satisfaction,
equipment condition, and staffing coverage needs.
- Maintains inventory of MIC equipment, displays, and
The person in this role will help the Make It Center team design,
evaluate, and implement engaging experiences for all guests and
provide support in opening the MIC to the community. They will
facilitate activities and events for experiences such as field
trips, camps, student and community engagement programs, and
various career exploration related events. Area-specific duties and
- Supports the daily programming of the Make It Center (MIC).
This includes setup and tear down, serving guests, maintaining and
supporting the use of equipment, and facilitating a welcoming and
engaging guest experience.
- Assists staff in the fabrication and creation of program items
with the MIC’s maker technologies.
- Assists staff with troubleshooting and maintaining MIC’s maker
- Supports, maintains, and replenishes inventory of MIC
programming supplies, equipment, and furniture.
The person in this role will deliver front line customer service
and support to facilitate an engaging experience for all guests.
They will also help with the training of Make It Center staff to
ensure basic competency in utilizing and supporting guest use of
technology and equipment in the Make It Center. Area-specific
duties and responsibilities include:
- Supports the daily use of IT/AV equipment in the Make It Center
including PCs and iPads, virtual reality technology, AV systems,
interactive touchscreen displays, and robotics to facilitate a
welcoming and engaging guest experience.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and maintenance of
various hardware and software in the Make It Center.
- Assists in setup, teardown, and live support of IT/AV equipment
for special events, tours, and ongoing programs in the space.
- Demonstrated delivery of excellent customer service.
Required Technology Skills
- Maintaining an established work schedule, with possible
evenings and weekends for specific events.
- Ability to problem solve dynamic and complex challenges and
communicate effectively with fellow staff members and MIC
- The ability to work independently within departmental policies
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills,
including the use of tact and diplomacy.
- Collaborating with diverse internal and external partners,
students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with
attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
Preferred Technology Skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with standard office software.
Required Work Experience
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with IT/AV technology facilitation and support,
including virtual reality, video conferencing and presentation, and
3D printing and laser cutting technology.
- Experience facilitating programs and events intended for ages
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking.
- Some high school education
- Associates degree or higher
Additional Information About the Make It Center
Make It Center May/June 2023 Update
ACC is a proud partner of the Make It Movement
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
November 30, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday