Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Technician 1, Instructional AV Installations Support (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:
Provide audiovisual equipment installation services, support, and
technical assistance for ACC audio/visual technology.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs AV equipment and data
cabling including ceiling-mounted projectors, wall control
switches, cable patch panels, speakers, screens, instructor
consoles, and other AV equipment.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance of AV equipment
in all instructional spaces.
- Constructs or builds any AV racks, cable trays, or equipment as
- Documents all AV installations in all instructional
- Stays updated with campus AV technology changes.
- Communicates and coordinates with internal departments.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Technical support practices, standards, protocols, and
- Hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
- Installation and repair processes of audiovisual equipment and
- Use of power tools.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Installing and maintaining audiovisual equipment and
- Responding to requests and resolving AV-related problems.
- Understanding and following instructions precisely.
- Providing superior customer service.
- Showing initiative and being able to quickly adapt to
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills
including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with
attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective collegewide working
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software
applications as well as administration of instructional technology
and multimedia hardware, network systems including video and
wireless, database management systems, and providing technical
support for desktop systems.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience using power tools.
- Previous experience working in AV industry
- Associate degree or higher.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Work is routinely performed in a standard classroom
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
- May be subject to climbing ladders and working in tight
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
- Varies. Maximum of 19 hours per week.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
October 31, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday