Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Marketing Copywriting Intern
Job Description Summary:
Write engaging copy and content for marketing campaigns,
print/digital ads, SEO-optimized web pages, social media, and
additional assets that meet Austin Community College brand
standards, while providing your unique creative input and voice to
You must be a current ACC student to apply for this
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Assists in the content development and copywriting of marketing
collateral, including print ads, digital ads, posters, flyers,
brochures, and digital signage.
- Provides copy edits to existing content and collateral.
- Supports the outlining and SEO-writing of web and digital
assets in support of campaign landing pages, email marketing, and
paid search ads.
- Ensures published content is accurate, detailed and consistent
with the brand voice across various touch points (advertisement,
banners, email campaigns, social media pages, etc.).
- Principles and practices of copywriting and content
- Strong understanding of persuasive writing and speaking to
- Familiarity/interest in search engine optimization and
SEO-writing for the web.
- Follows official brand guidelines while providing fresh
perspectives on how to reach students.
- Works independently and within a team while meeting established
- Detail-oriented and possesses excellent grasp of grammar and
- Passion and desire for learning and a proactive energy for
getting things done.
Required Work Experience
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Interest in content writing optimization (SEMRush,
- Pursuing an associate degree or certificate in advertising,
creative writing, communications, marketing, or related area from
Austin Community College or equivalent experience.
- Work is routinely performed in a standard office or similar
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Hours are flexible; 10-15 hours a week, typically
Monday - Friday.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
October 31, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday