Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
Definition of Class
This position implements the school, college or unit technology
efforts. The incumbent maintains department technology including
computers and computer systems, servers, websites and online
functions and develops digital products, equipment plans, and
This position is specifically in support of the Student Union and
This position requires an audio/video, technology, and customer
service focus for event management, while also supporting each
unit's general technology needs.
The work schedule for this position will include regular evenings
and weekend shifts, as needed, based on a 40 hour work week.
Examples of Work Performed
- Establishes and implements technology and digital
- Develops technology and equipment plans for the
- Maintains technology systems for the department to operate
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and the Department of
Information Technology to ensure maximum network efficiency and
- Develops partnerships with external agencies to support
department technology efforts.
- Researches and recommends appropriate upgrades related to media
technology, hardware, and software.
- Coordinates information flow and user interface of department
website and server.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting when
needed; on-call nights and weekends.
- Completes processes required for equipment purchases.
- Maintains software and hardware inventory.
- Develops, implements, and enforces technology usage and
security policies for the department.
- Stays abreast of developments related to media technology.
- Coordinates and conducts faculty, staff, and student training
on the use of technology.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Implements technology efforts and systems maintenance.
- Provides guidance and instruction on the use of
- Develops equipment and technology plans and strategies.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering,
Telecommunications or a related field from an accredited college or
One (1) year of experience related to the above described
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set
forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the
Department of Equal Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of
any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history