To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the “Next” button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the “Posting Summary Page” by clicking on the “Next”
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Associate Director Infrastructure & Operations
IT - Infrastructure and Operations
Monday – Friday 8:15 am – 4:30 pm
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching
its educational environment and culture through the diversity of
its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing
inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of
its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse
groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of
diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive
Purpose of Position
This position would serve as a highly technical adviser to the
Director of Infrastructure and provide technical expertise to the
Infrastructure team in the areas of servers, storage, networking
and telecommunications. The position will also serve as the manager
of the data center and disaster recovery site by planning and
maintaining an overall Cloud and disaster recovery strategy.
The overall strategy and planning would entail the coordination and
logistics of infrastructure resources and equipment needed in the
data center, in the cloud, and in the disaster recovery location.
The position will directly manage the Telecommunications team and
phone system(s) (Cisco and Teams). The Associate Director will also
lead the Infrastructure team in the absence of the Director or act
as their proxy as needed.
- Provide technical leadership supporting and implementing
- Ensure the availability of the physical data center and its
services, including disaster recovery.
- Manage the utilization of Cloud resources and plan multi-cloud
- Manage Telecommunications team members and system.
- Plan and budget for on-premise equipment refresh cycles, and
work with vendors to procure hardware
- Ensure system backups are current and tested
- At least 5 years of experience in IT in a medium to large
and/or Enterprise organization
- Strong IT technical background (a proven track record of
technical experience with servers, storage, network equipment and
- At least 3 years of experience managing people and/or
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and documentation
- Direct management of the Telecommunications team and systems
(Cisco and Teams).
- Lead the Infrastructure team in the absence of the Director or
act as their proxy as needed.
- Ability to prepare and present technical presentations to
- Critical decision-making skills related to budgets, vendors,
and the use of resources.
- Experience working with Cloud environments such as Microsoft
Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Solid understanding of Data Center Virtualization using
Converged and Hyperconverged technologies (Dell FX2, Cisco UCS,
VMware vSphere and VSAN ). VMWare certifications encouraged, but
- Experience using automation tools to increase efficiency.
- Working knowledge of datacenter electrical and HVAC systems,
sufficient to communicate with technicians in these areas.
Up to $87,146
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2