Carnegie Mellon University’s Business Support Services department
is searching for a financial analyst to join the team! This is an
excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and
challenging work environment. You will be responsible for the
collection, compilation, interpretation, and analysis of internal
and external financial data to support university wide budgeting
and strategic operational decisions. The financial analyst will
also be responsible for producing documentation and interpretative
reports based on statistical and financial analyses and will be
responsible for presenting them to finance and university senior
Core responsibilities will include:
- Financial Analysis, Forecasting & Reporting: Routinely
analyze financial data and provide interpretive results on a wide
array of financial matters, both routine and ad hoc in nature.
- Perform forecasting and scenario analysis/modeling using
analytical skills as part of the overall university budget process.
Primary focus is on the forecast related to individual University
Units and processes that support the overall University forecast
- Develop reports and assist in the preparation of planning and
analysis presentations that will go to senior management.
- Process Ownership & Improvement: Own several key forecast
processes and work to understand, improve, manage, and report on
the processes within the overall University planning process.
Evaluate and assist in the formulation of budget policies,
procedures, and guidelines.
- Unit Forecast Responsibility: Serve as the key planning liaison
between several University units (Academic and Administrative) and
the Budget and Planning office. Serve as support role in
communicating and setting planning expectations with the Unit.
Understand the unit financials and engage with unit owners on a
routine basis and through every planning cycle.
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within
Facilities, Infrastructure, and Risk Management (FIRM). Inclusion,
collaboration, and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at
CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can
effectively interact with a varied population of internal and
external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for
someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of
the university through their work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
- 1-3 years of Financial Analysis experience
- Equivalent experience and/or education may be considered in
lieu of degree
- Successful Background Check
Financial Planning, Analysis, Accounting and Reporting
Staff – Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about
becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
- Statement of Assurance