Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business is searching
for a Senior Academic Coordinator to join their team. This is an
exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and
challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department
by supporting the Executive Director, Director, faculty and
students of the MSCF program in New York.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Plans and implements academic programming and student events
for the New York MSCF Program, which include, but are not limited
to, orientation, meetings with student reps, lunchtime events with
speakers and/or mentors, career panels, the welcome dinner,
graduation dinner, corporate presentations and other special events
- Primary Liaison for all MSCF New York Catering needs: (i.e.
Orientation, Faculty requests, speaker series, special lectures,
guest speakers, corporate presentations)
- Primary contact for MSCF interview & conference rooms for
students and maintains MSCF Executive Director’s calendar
- Serves as primary point of contact for all visitors to the New
York location. Welcome and check-in students and visitors for
appointments and events.
- Timely payment of all MSCF New York Location bills. Verifies
and clears all MSCF New York credit card expenses in a timely
manner; budget tracking of all MSCF New York expenses
- Clears expense reports for MSCF Executive Director and MSCF New
- Generate and respond to department emails; order and upkeep the
office supplies for the MSCF location; set up technology during
morning classes and attendance taking for New York morning
- Work with Pittsburgh contracts office on all contracts for NY
events; works with student leaders to plan student social events on
- Update career website stats and update/post resume book on
website twice a week
- Manage recruiter/alumni database
- Proctor all NY exams; copies exams, set up exam rooms; point of
contact for students when they want to review or pick up their
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the
Tepper School of Business. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural
sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in
search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a
varied population of internal and external partners at a high level
of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and
who will support the mission of the university through their
- Associate’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in administrative support, higher
education, and/or student services support required
- A combination of education and relevant experience from which
comparable knowledge is demonstrated may be considered.
- Typical Work Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8:30-5:00pm.
An alternate work schedule allowing for evening and weekend hours
will be required on occasion.
In accordance with the pay transparency legislation set forth by NY
the corresponding salary range for this position, if placed in NY
is between $31-35/hour.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply
- Sponsorship: Applicants for this position must be
currently legally authorized to work for CMU in the United States.
CMU will not sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa
for this opportunity.
New York, NY
Academic Program Support and Coordination
Staff – Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit “ Why Carnegie Mellon ” to learn more about
becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity
- Statement of Assurance