- TITLE: University Transfer Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Student Success
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Success
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
CLASSIFICATION: Staff-12 months
STANDARD WORK HOURS:37.5
LOCATION: On-Site-Main Campus
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The purpose is to assist students
in successfully transitioning from a community college/two-year
institution or four-year college or university to Kentucky State
University. The role involves providing guidance, support, and
information to help students make informed decisions about their
academic paths and transfer options, enhance and facilitate student
engagement strategies and student leadership development
initiatives, as part of a comprehensive effort to improve student
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This is a professional position
responsible for transfer and academic advising, coaching, and
providing academic interventions with college transfer students.
The transfer advisor will perform activities that will assist
transfer students in their transition from application at KSU
through degree completion. This position must be able to interpret
student needs and provide individualized services and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for providing information and services in support
of students transferring to baccalaureate programs. Providing
consultative services, attending events with prospective students,
and responding to email and phone inquiries.
- Maintain and build relationships with Kentucky Community
Technical College Systems (KCTCS) institutions and satellite
campuses within the assigned geographical region to recruit
- Collaborate with admissions, financial aid, registrar and
bursar office to create a seamless enrollment process for transfer
- Provide academic counseling for transfer students in the
pre-enrollment stage, academic coaching and transition
- Collaborate with other student-facing units to ensure
successful transition to KSU.
- Collaborate with KCTCS partner institutions to develop,
implement, and maintain student pathways.
- Assist with Transfer Student Orientation Days and onboarding of
- Works with Director of Academic Advising and Career Services
with the coordination and implementation of special events
including Transfer Day, College Fair, and Career Day, including
arranging presenters/exhibitors, institutional information,
attendance, and logistics.
- Participate in professional development activities to stay
current on best practices in the advising community on transfer
students, credit issues, orientation programs, resources, transfer
students with special needs, assessments, and discipline.
- Travel and work outside of normal hours will be required on
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or higher with at least two years of experience
in an academic advising, enrollment management or other student
services experience with a working knowledge of the structure of
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS
: Valid KY Driver's
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of transfer articulation processes
- Knowledge of applicable University practices and
- Knowledge of scope, guidelines, and operation of departmental
or unit program.
- Knowledge of basic word processing software and the ability to
operate standard PC/PC software applications, including Microsoft
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of record-keeping procedures
- Knowledge of student success strategies
- Knowledge of the needs of transfer students
- Interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to respond to several demands at one time in a
- Ability to maintain records and safeguard confidential
- Ability to work with individuals from various backgrounds.
This position does not have
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- KENTUCKY STATE UNVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical
requirements listed in this job description represent the essential
duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform
either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions
listed do not necessarily include all activities that the
individual may perform.