Attention Current Lewis & Clark College Employees: In order
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into Workday and click on Talent and Performance to apply
Working at Lewis & Clark
The campus is located on 137 acres of beautifully landscaped
grounds in Portland’s southwest hills. Our strong commitment to
sustainability is reinforced through recycling programs, energy
conservation, alternative transportation options, and farm to fork
initiatives. For benefit-eligible positions, we offer a competitive
that includes options for
health, dental, vision, tuition, life insurance, retirement and
Lewis & Clark College is committed to achieving a diverse
workforce. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to
apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a
qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status,
such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
As an integral member of the Donor Engagement team, the Donor
Engagement Officer is focused on engaging alumni and parent donors
to strengthen their connections to the college, understand the
impact of their giving, and feel appreciated and celebrated for
their generosity. The Donor Engagement Officer manages a portfolio
of alumni and parent donors and prospective donors and is
responsible for soliciting, retaining, upgrading and qualifying
them for annual gifts of $500 or more. The successful candidate
will have robust social and interpersonal communication skills, a
strong attention to detail, and the ability to connect with and
support constituents from diverse backgrounds.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct annual giving donor pipeline development programs
including but not limited to individual donor outreach and
engagement, the 1867 Leadership Society, reunion giving, and the
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of annual
giving donor prospects through a strategic program of personal
visits, personalized correspondence (email, letter and phone), and
appropriate engagement to attract, retain, and upgrade donors for
gifts of $500 and more.
- Thank donors via phone and email for renewed and upgraded
gifts, including first-time donors, recurring donors, reunion
donors, and loyal donors, and other groups as assigned.
- Track activity in Slate database using moves management
- Collaborate with the Director of Donor Engagement, Assistant
Vice President for Engagement, and the Major Gift team to manage
and track team outreach throughout the year and during important
efforts including calendar year-end, giving days, and fiscal
- Work with the Donor Engagement team to strengthen the case for
support, identify engagement opportunities, and share updates and
news with donors.
- Recruit and manage volunteers on the Lewis & Clark
Philanthropy Council and support their efforts to reach out to and
solicit gifts from classmates.
- Manage and track reunion year giving and work with Associate
Director of Donor Engagement, Communications to include reunion
messaging in mass solicitation strategies. Partner with Alumni and
Parent Engagement to support the Alumni Weekend giving
- With the Director of Donor Engagement, work closely with the
offices of Alumni and Parent Engagement, Donor Relations and
Stewardship, and Major and Planned Gifts to promote and support
pipeline programs and expand relationships in the donor
- Monitor Leadership Society membership with a focus on
increasing donor retention and acquisition. Provide input on
Leadership Society solicitation,communication, and
- Assist the Student Philanthropy Officer with training on the
moves management cycle and database management.
- Participate in a team atmosphere where creativity, fun,
excitement and a high level of motivation and accomplishment are
- Support and actively contribute to the goal of achieving
greater diversity, inclusion, and equity at Lewis & Clark and
work effectively with all members of the campus community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years fundraising or sales experience in higher education or
- Bachelor’s degree or additional 4 years of relevant
- High degree of comfort in engaging with people in a variety of
ways, including on the phone, in person, via email, and in virtual
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills and proven
ability to communicate persuasively.
- Capacity to develop and manage professional relationships with
a diverse array of constituents.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends and to
travel when needed.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Slate, or equivalent constituent
relationship management database.
- Experience in moves management cycle and/or personal
- 4+ years fundraising or sales experience.
- Prior higher education annual fund experience.
Directions for Cover Letter
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Hybrid work schedule available
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
Please upload your cover letter
on the My Experience
screen in the resume section.
Lewis & Clark College adheres to a nondiscriminatory policy
with respect to educational programs, activities, employment, and
admission. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or
perceived race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national
origin, the presence of any physical or sensory disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or
any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and local
laws. The Associate Vice President of Human Resources has been
designated to handle inquiries regarding employment- and
disability-related non-discrimination policies. Title IX inquiries
may be directed to the Title IX coordinator or deputy Title IX
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation
to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you
require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform
your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a
change to the application process or work procedures, providing
documents in an alternate format, using a sign language
interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Lewis & Clark College will conduct a background check on the
finalist, which will include a criminal record check. If a
conviction is discovered, a determination will be made whether the
conviction is related to the position for which the individual is
applying or would present safety or security risks before an
employment decision is made. A criminal conviction does not
necessarily automatically bar an applicant from employment.
Eligibility to Work
In order to comply with US Homeland Security Department
regulations, all employees must complete an I-9 form in Workday
prior to or no later than the first day of work and bring originals
(no photocopies) of their supporting documentation to Human
Resources no later than the 3rd business day of employment. Failure
to have a completed I-9 form on file with the College will result
in immediate termination of employment.