The Website Content Administrator (WCA) is a core member of the
Marketing Systems Department at GTCC. This person works full-time
to create, maintain and enhance the content of the college's
Internet and Intranet websites and web pages, focusing on creating
a positive and engaging user experience. This individual must
exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in
setting priorities and carrying out all assignments with guidance
provided. The WCA will work closely with members of the marketing
department to ensure marketing and communication goals are met. The
Website Content Administrator will oversee the effort to ensure
that all areas of the website are user-friendly, up-to-date, and
accurate. The person in this position will communicate with members
of the staff, faculty, and administration to prioritize site
content and gather pertinent information for posting online.
Further duties include assisting and educating other members of the
campus community in developing and expanding their own pages so
that college-wide information presented on the Internet and
Intranet is cohesive, incorporates a high standard of quality, and
is in accordance with the college's brand and mission.
Responsibilities include the planning and administration of site
structure and access permissions, design, and implementation of
content management features and user interfaces. This person will
transfer static design concepts into web page templates,
applications, forms, and features, and make recommendations to
ensure content is user-friendly. This person will also develop and
maintain workflows and administer access in accordance with
institute guidelines. The WCA will ensure optimization of search
functions within the website through the use of page tags and
metadata, monitor performance and make recommendations for
improvement. In addition, this person provides training,
troubleshooting, and support to web content contributors throughout
- Associate Degree or above is required.
- An Associate Degree or degree in another field will be
considered with comparable work experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a web development or graphic design
- A minimum of two years experience working with a Content
- Experience working with HTML, CSS and online forms.
- Expertise in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Expertise in Adobe products (Dreamweaver, InDesign,
Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro)
- Experience using the Cascade CMS is strongly preferred.
- WordPress experience is preferred. Other CMS experience will be
- SharePoint experience is preferred
- Cross-platform experience with Mac and PCs is preferred