Coordinator of Reunion and On-Campus Programs
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal
arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the
racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body.
The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational
experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty,
administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Coordinator of Reunion
and On-Campus Programs position. The Coordinator of Reunion and
On-Campus Programs is a full-time, year-round position, starting at
$21.93 per hour. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most
diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful
candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to
and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Coordinator of Reunion and On-Campus Programs coordinates event
logistics and implementation for a wide variety of programs,
including Amherst College Reunion, Homecoming, and other
campus-based events. In this role, the Coordinator provides
critical and essential administrative support for two of the
College's largest Advancement events, which are key touchpoints in
promoting alumni engagement and philanthropy. This role plays a
critical and direct role in managing critical administrative
support for over 2500 attendees including registration,
housing/facilities logistics, and follow-through with over 150
event employees. The Coordinator also provides program and
communications support to staff working with alumni classes and
volunteers and maintains budget records for alumni programs. The
person in this role is expected to work as part of a collaborative
and inclusive team including taking appropriate actions to support
a diverse workforce and participating in the College's efforts to
create a respectful, inclusive and welcoming work environment. In
addition, all Advancement staff members are required to support and
staff key events such as Reunion, Homecoming and Family Weekend.
These events may require occasional evening and weekend
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Reunion, Homecoming and other event registration
processes including processing payments and preparing
- Oversee event materials including event schedules, promotional
materials, planning handbooks and over 250 class and college-based
- Maintain and update web and data functions (in partnership with
colleagues), troubleshoot applications and reports, evaluate
- Assign Reunion housing across campus for 1500 alumni and
- Direct management of four student coordinators assisting with
housing assignments leading up to and through Reunion.
- Oversee the hiring and management of over 150 student employees
for both Reunion and Homecoming.
- Manage Reunion and Homecoming onsite reception
- Coordinate with on-campus partners, including a diverse array
of staff and student leaders.
- Coordinate supplies and signage; complete contracts with
vendors, billing and post-event wrap up.
Class and Volunteer Management
- Provide critical and direct support to the Director and
Associate Director of Reunion and On-Campus Programs for a
portfolio of alumni classes including the 25th Reunion.
- Prepare email and print materials, maintain class and event
webpages, contacts and records.
- Draft and send regular volunteer communications including
attendance updates and financial reports.
- Respond to volunteer questions and requests.
- Maintain records, timelines and work instruction for
- Maintain budget and spending records for programs.
- Complete coding, data entry and custom reporting.
- All employees are expected to participate in the College's
efforts to create a respectful, inclusive and welcoming work
- Serve as a first point of contact for the Advancement office.
Engage internal and external constituents via phone, email, and in
person and assess/undertake appropriate next steps. This may
include occasional reception duties/coverage.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Exceptional customer service, organizational and time
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and
- Occasional weekend and evening hours required to staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn and utilize
new software programs
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Associates degree
- Experience in higher education, particularly with students or
- More than 4 years of related experience
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth
and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly
competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and
faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our
overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the
options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements.
Click here for Benefits
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter
online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs
Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to
clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted.
(Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the
Career icon from their Workday home screen)
applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled.
find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this
To apply, visit https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Amherst_Jobs/job/Amherst-Campus/Coordinator-of-Reunion-and-On-Campus-Programs_JR4066