Printing Services Technician IV
Printing Services Technician IV
Texas A&M International University
Campus Safety & Planning
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Printing Services Technician IV, under general supervision,
performs highly complex printing work that involves digitally
reducing or enlarging materials, registering multiple images,
programming, and operating and maintaining digital color
reproduction equipment. Performs maintenance and repairs on digital
reproduction machines. Creates running guides for print projects
and cost estimation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-flights, determines layouts, edits images and documents,
and submits jobs for preparation for high capacity color digital
- Creates running guides for print projects and cost
- Sets up, programs, and operates high capacity color digital
reproduction equipment according to job specifications.
- Inspects job layouts and checks quality of printed materials to
ensure adherence to job specifications and high capacity color
digital printing standards. Meets deadlines as required.
- Maintains records of work performed and materials expended in
the management information system.
- Identifies and diagnoses digital reproduction equipment
- Initiates corrective action and repairs mechanical components
of reproduction equipment.
- Refills color inks and orders parts.
- Performs required routine maintenance on digital reproduction
- Restocks warehouse inventory when shipments arrive.
- Operates bindery equipment as needed.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Education - High school diploma or GED
- Experience - Six years of full-time work experience with at
least 3 years of hands on in printing services
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exert heavy force and
lift moderately heavy objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position generally supervises others.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance
on campus and in the workplace.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 references and their full contact information,
- Unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Printing-Services-Technician-IV_R-063879