Delta State University
Technical Support Specialist
Office of Information Technology
Full or Part Time:
The Technical Support Assistant will work closely with the User
Service Manager. Success in this role requires understanding of
computers, computer related software, computer peripherals, and
attention to detail. The successful candidate will work with
students, faculty and staff as required to resolve issues with
- Install, maintain and configure computers, printers, and
- Deploy, install, configure, upgrade, test and support software
and software images.
- Obtain and maintain certification and training as required by
management, and if necessary by manufacturers to maintain hardware
- Constantly learn new technologies to enhance campus computing
- Maintain campus computer labs.
- Respond to computer related issues in a timely and courteous
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in electronic engineering technology, IT, MIS
or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-4 years of experience working on computers.
- Ability to assess causes of technical problems and find
solutions in computers and peripheral hardware using logical
- Ability to analyze complex problems to determine a
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
12 monthCommensurate with experience, qualifications, and
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Open Until Filled:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: Click Here
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal
employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy
extends to all programs and activities supported by the