Under general supervision of the Executive Director of Business and
Operations, the Business Specialist position is responsible for
providing business, operational, and administrative support to the
School of Health Sciences (SHS).
- Provide budget and operations support for multiple areas and
programs in the School of Health Sciences.
- Prepare, maintain and track multiple budgetary records,
verifying information, reconciling to Banner and resolving
- Prepare and analyze regular budget reporting for Executive
Director of Business and Operations, Department Chairs, and other
- Assist Executive Director of Business and Operations with
budget analysis and projections.
- Prepare budget transfers, journal entries and check requests in
compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Support the procurement for the School of Health Sciences
including processing requisitions, and credit card purchases.
- Reconcile Procard activity and statements.
- Process and review forms and service agreements for independent
contractors and guest speakers engaging in business with the
- Serve as one of the points of entry for SHS contracts in the
- Support the hiring of part-time faculty in the School of Health
- With minimal direction from the Executive Director of Business
and Operations, troubleshoot and resolve budget inquiries from
faculty and staff and respond to questions related to units or
University’s accounting or budgetary policies and practices.
- Assist in the development and coordination of policies and
procedures related to School or university business practices as
- Follow all University Policies and best practices for financial
- Perform other duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and
- Associate’s Degree (Two (2) years of full time experience in
the same/similar position is equal to one (1) year of completed
post high school education coursework).
- One (1) year of logistical, administrative, or related work
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Technical skills to manage electronic records, ability to learn
various university systems, and engage in extensive use of MS
- Experience with Banner Finance.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience with Pacific’s systems, processes, and
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be organized and to manage complex processes and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with
diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and
enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with
use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting,
repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and
phone. Frequent standing, walking, climbing stairs. Occasional
bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work
performed during standard business hours. May require travel off
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to
meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for
University business. The University and its insurance carrier
reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving
$20.35 - $26.96 per hour. We consider factors
such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the
position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as
market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26533
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical