Manager, Training and Development Solutions
Internal Position Title:
Manager, Training and Development
: Business Solutions
The Training and Development Solutions Manager, under the
supervision of the Director of the College of Lake County's
Business Solutions Department works in close collaboration with
leaders in Training and Development Sales, the Small Business
Development Center, and CLC's employer engagement efforts to
support solution development needs.
This role proactively researches the local labor, employer and
small business markets and recommends training topics that best
align with regional employment needs, skills and industries. This
role then oversees the successful implementation of programs and
supplies relevant departments with evaluative reports to inform
Why choose the College of Lake County for your next
The College of Lake County (CLC) offers a
competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes
BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior
vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified
family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and
supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible
spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays
off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 14 paid
holidays each year.
In 2023, CLC became a Leader College meaning we are comprehensive
community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to
being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing
paths for our students by offering exceptional learning
As part of the Employee Success Framework and in support of
strategic pillar five, Collaborative Culture, the First Year
Experience was identified as a priority in creating the ultimate
employee experience with the goal of creating connections to the
college's mission, vision and values. Our mission is to be
innovative and value-driven in supporting the college in our
students' success through developing and encouraging employees of
all backgrounds on their journey towards achieving personal and
professional growth and success.The college is widely recognized
for student success, business and community partnerships and for
the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni.
- Bachelor’s Degree in learning and development, business, or
closely related field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience (curriculum and
instructional leadership, workforce development, program
development and evaluation, adult learning, management).
- Proven competency in data analytics, needs assessments,
instructional design, training/program evaluation, time management,
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Excellent project management, research and reporting
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve problems
and improve programming, and manage tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience with developing, monitoring, utilizing and teaching
project management systems.
- Expertise in promoting and sustaining community-based
relationships and collaborative programming.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Proven creativity in solution design, selection,
implementation, and in problem solving.
- Ability to develop, carry out, explain, and interpret
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Proficient use of modern office practices, procedures,
equipment, computer applications, including advanced knowledge and
skilled in using Microsoft Office and project management
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
Submit with Application: Two
(2) lessons/modules/chapters from two (2) different courses that
you have developed in the last 1-2 years. If you have developed
face-to-face and online courses, supply a sample of each (latter
can be a link). Limit to no more than 5 pages per lesson. A 1-page
written description of a training program you recommend be
developed or purchased based on researched market needs, the latter
with sources called out. Identify targeted employer demographics,
recommended pricing, estimated expenses, delivery modality(ies),
outcomes, etc. For those being interviewed: If selected for an
interview, plan to lead a 10-15 minute mock meeting with with
managers to analyze the needs surrounding a new course idea and
chart the path forward to fruition.*This is a grant funded
position; continued employment in this position is based on
external funding sources.Interviews will be conducted until
position is filled.
$67,500 - $70,000 (Salary offer is commensurate
with experience and education).
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.This position is eligible for a
flexible work schedule and may require availability outside of the
standard business day (evening open house, focus groups, meetings,
Software Testing Required:
Excel, MS Word, Outlook,
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Strategic Leadership/Project Management (70%)
Personnel Management (20%)
- Manages the scoping, forecasting, planning and project
management of new and updated corporate training and open
enrollment small business and employer training programs in the
Business Solutions Department.
- Supplies department with solutions in the form of training
recommendations, standardized and custom client-facing proposals
and delivery modifications based on evaluation data.
- Oversees the successful implementation of training, including
scheduling, agreement tracking, material creation, delivery,
billing and evaluation.
- Proactively researches labor market data, providing detailed
analysis evaluating viability of new and existing programs along
with regional industry and partner needs. Recommends changes to
maintain the relevance of programs to meet learner and
- Sources curriculum (off-the-shelf, custom) best suited for the
evolving training needs of the department.
- Actively recruits appropriate training facilitators, researches
available curriculum and supplies relevant staff with viable hiring
and purchasing opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains the shared Training Development
Resource Library for the department to ensure integration between
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with
relevant College offices, local business leaders and community
partners, representing the department at appropriate meetings to
identify training opportunities.
- Provides forecasted use of vendors and independent contractors
for fiscal year procurement processes after thorough review of
department history and goals.
- Maintains, utilizes and provides regular reports on multiple
sources of data to evaluate program effectiveness and recommends
alternative approaches if desired results are not realized.
- Supplies educational trends and best practices in curriculum
design and program development to actively improve current
offerings. Assists in reviewing and updating instructional
materials based on research and sourced opportunities.
- Ensures new program compliance with accrediting commissions and
licensing agencies, college policy and procedures, and applicable
state and federal policies.
- Directs the activities of staff members with program
implementation, accounting, purchasing, document tracking,
reporting and customer service responsibilities.
- Provides leadership, education and resources on job tasks and
duties to ensure successful training programs aligning with College
policies and procedures.
- Champion the values of excellence, purpose, integrity,
compassion, unity and inclusion as a leader of the College. Support
employee success by demonstrating a commitment to equity,
inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse
ethnic, cultural, socio-economic or educational backgrounds.
- Onboards department instructors, facilitators and advisors,
including the management of hiring paperwork and orientation to
- Evaluates effectiveness of open enrollment and corporate
training facilitators providing other Business Solutions managers
with alternative personnel as needed.
- Implement best-practices in recruitment, evaluation, succession
planning, recognition, and retention of highly qualified staff and
facilitators. Retain and nurture top talent in the College by
ensuring meaningful professional development and learning.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/24585
- Contribute to strategic and/or functional cross-departmental
teams, committees and councils at the request of the division or
- Participate in professional associations/organizations and
educational activities that enhance subject matter expertise and
leadership competencies, knowledge, understanding and interpersonal
- Remain knowledgeable of current state and federal laws,
regulations, and best practices in the field of appointment
ensuring the College’s policies, procedures, practices and programs
conform to laws and regulations and align with the mission, vision,
values and strategic goals of the College.
- Perform any and all other duties assigned that support the
mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of College of
Lake County and goals of the department, division and unit of