Position: Faculty position (assistant professor or associate professor) in Finance
Faculty Unit: Business & Government
Program: Business Management
Closing Date: Review of applications will begin October 15, 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Faculty
· A master’s degree in business or finance or related field is required. Equivalent foreign degree accepted.
· Brigham Young University–Hawaii seeks candidates that support its mission (https://about.byuh.edu/mission.html) and who are committed to strengthening its students both spiritually and intellectually. It gives preference to women and men whose background and/or experiences mirror the many cultures and geographic regions reflected by the student body.
· As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Church), BYU–Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing, as authorized under 41 C.F.R. § 60-1.5 (a)(6). To be eligible for employment, applicants who are members of the Church must hold and be worthy to hold a current temple recommend and receive a clearance from the Church’s Ecclesiastical Clearance Office.
· Teaching requirement is typically 30 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas/courses: Business Finance; Corporate Financial Statement Analysis; Money, Banking and Business; Risk Management; Real Estate Finance; Investments
· Scholarship, ongoing professional development, and university service are required.
· BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching. The individual should be fully committed to student learning (https://clt.byuh.edu/framework-for-learning).
· Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
· A limited relocation expense package is provided.
· Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”)
· Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
Please complete and submit the following application materials using our online portal. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Official BYU-Hawaii online application via BYU-H’s HR portal (or link to application).
2. A letter of application and current curriculum vitae.
3. The “Fit Statement” (separate from the application letter): Response to the following question as a separate statement “Why do you consider yourself to be a good fit for BYU-Hawaii?”
4. Three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position. Letter writers must include their names, addresses, and telephone numbers and send their letters via our online portal when prompted. Their contact information will be entered by you (if you are internal applicant) when you submit the online application. External applicants will receive further instructions via email after submission of application.
5. Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received or last courses taken; electronic or scanned copies (as long as the Registrar’s seal is evident) should be included with other application documents.
6. Optional - A link to a 10-minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
Starting Date: Fall Semester 2024
Note: We will not be able to provide application feedback as many factors are considered, and multiple entities are involved in the review process.
Contact: Office of Associate Academic Vice President –Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762