Number of Vacancies:
Center for Bilingual Studies
Scope of Job:
To perform advanced program administration, development and
coordination. Responsible for all phases of program development and
coordination of program activities.
Description of Duties:
- Administers, coordinates and manages activities and programs
assigned by the Center for Bilingual Studies (CBS) and Center for
Mexican American Studies (CMAS).
- Develops and implements standards for attainment of CBS and
CMAS program goals and objectives.
- Maintains frequent interaction with University departments,
special groups and external agencies in administering the
- Recommends new policies and procedures for improvement of
- Coordinates staff training and development.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals,
operations and procedures written material and documentation.
- Conducts marketing assessment for assigned area.
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and
- Oversees financial management of all program activities.
- Determines work priorities.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Attends professional development seminars.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University.
Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited
- Five (5) years of experience performing closely related duties,
including program planning/coordination or related experience in
the appropriate field of the program, or
- Three (3) years of the required experience with a Master’s
- Seven (7) years of the required experience with an Associate
Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
- Nine (9) years of the required experience with a High School
Diploma or equivalent.
Experience in contract negotiations. Bilingual - English and
Use of personal computer and other standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties.
Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV
is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple
locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff,
students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision
making and problem solving ability.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964, the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non-discrimination in its education programs and activities,
including employment. We encourage women, minorities and
differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any
confidential information from the documents you attach with your
application. The confidential information includes the
Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to
submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding
your application to the department as per your submission. The
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to
discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date
of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three
(3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at
for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/40141