About Worcester State University:
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a liberal arts and sciences
university with a long tradition of academic excellence dating back
to 1874, as well as an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer that seeks to reflect the diversity of its community. Our
workforce is dedicated to academic quality, student-centered
programming, engaged citizenship, open exchanges of ideas,
diversity and inclusiveness, and civility and integrity. We are
looking for job applicants who share these values and commitment to
Worcester State is centrally located in Massachusetts, about an
hour's drive from Boston, Springfield, and Providence, Rhode
Island. Our 58-acre campus is nestled in the residential northwest
side of Worcester--the second largest city in New England and home
to 37,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and
universities. Over 6,000 of those students attend Worcester
State--approximately 5,300 are undergraduates and 1,000 are
graduate students. Learn more about us at worcester.edu/about
Associate Director, Marketing Web
Director of Marketing
Professional and Clerical Staff, as
assigned. Student Interns, Student Employees, and Graduate
Assistants, as assigned.
General Statement of Duties:
The Associate Director,
Marketing Web Strategy will play an important role in developing
and implementing Worcester State's communications and marketing web
strategy. An experienced and skilled marketing strategist and
project manager, with knowledge of web design and development, the
Associate Director, Marketing Web Strategy will take the lead in
the ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the
university's websites to positively promote the university brand,
support strategic goals and deliver a best-in-class user experience
for all Worcester State audiences.
The Associate Director, Marketing Web Strategy will:
(E) = Essential
- Provide strategic direction to worcester.edu, implementing
industry best practices and data analysis to identify opportunities
for continuous improvement and optimizations to meet up-to-date
technological demands and support university strategic goals.
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing team colleagues
as well as stakeholders from across the university to maintain
website content that is engaging, relevant, and accurate.
- Develop goals and actionable strategies for measuring and
optimizing the effectiveness of web communications and marketing
- Oversee web culture and governance for the entire university,
collaborating with faculty, staff, and university leadership to
develop processes and policies for creating and curating web
- Apply knowledge of web development and design to direct a team
of contracted web developers and content managers to maintain
worcester.edu and provide a best-in-class digital experience.
- (E) Create and implement marketing website strategies and best
practices to engage a diverse audience and support university
- (E) Work with the Director of Marketing, the AVP of
Communications and Marketing, and the Director of Editorial
Communications to develop processes and procedures to continuously
review and maintain the timeliness, accuracy, relevance, and
accessibility of Worcester State's website.
- (E) Collaborate with marketing team colleagues to execute
integrated marketing campaigns to drive website traffic and
encourage campaign conversions.
- (E) Work with individuals and departments to develop web
page(s) and web content that adhere to university visual and
editorial guidelines and promote a consistent brand identity.
- (E) Establish processes and best practices for website Quality
Assurance including steps for identifying, prioritizing and
addressing issues in a timely manner.
- (E) Develop, deploy and optimize web content and a content
strategy that increases engagement, strengthens brand reputation,
and promotes university strategic recruitment and revenue
- (E) Establish goals and metrics to measure, analyze, and
optimize digital communication and marketing strategy
effectiveness. Monitor and track website initiatives via analytics
and provide regular reports to leadership highlighting key
information, trends and opportunities.
- (E) Monitor functional requirements and communicate
requirements to outside vendor as needed.
- (E) Oversee content management system and work with outside
vendor to plan and execute enhancements and modifications
- (E)Apply knowledge of web development in partnership with
outside web development professionals to identify and implement
strategies for improving website design, user experience, and
- (E) A/B test landing pages and website elements to optimize
- (E) Work with Information Technology (IT) and other partners to
maintain a secure website and support regulatory compliance across
digital platforms (privacy, legal, compliance, security,
- (E) Lead and supervise support staff, interns and student
workers to ensure responsive and customer-service-oriented
collaboration. Serve as primary liaison with outside developers and
vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
- (E) Assist in developing policies and procedures for shared
governance of the university website.
- (E) Facilitate training and provide resources to assist content
collaborators. faculty, deans and department chairs.
- (E) Demonstrate civility and professional, customer-service
oriented behavior, worthy of emulation by other staff and
- (E) Act as an essential employee, during emergency and
weather-related events, as a member of the Emergency Response Team,
to assure timely and accurate communication to campus
- (E) Responsible for contributing to the Worcester State
University Strategic Plan.
- (E) Responsible for contributing to Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 or more years' experience in technology, marketing web
strategy, or related field.
- Experience and knowledge of some or all of the following
- Website analytics tools (Google Analytics, SiteImprove,
- Content management systems (WordPress).
- Website usability, user experience.
- Proficiency in web analytics tools, SEO, and digital marketing
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision-making.
- Master's degree.
- Higher education experience.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) software expertise
- Student information systems experience (such as Ellucian's
- Strong project management, problem-solving, analytical,
interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, creative,
cross-functional team environment.
- Proven ability to successfully work with vendors and agencies
to achieve results.
- Demonstrated success in managing major strategic projects that
support marketing and enrollment initiatives.
- A team player with exceptional organizational and communication
skills with proven ability to communicate technical strategies
clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical
audiences and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task several projects
by setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
This is a full-time, benefited, exempt, professional APA position.
The firm annual salary range for this position is $85,000 -
$90,000, commensurate with relevant professional experience and
Here at Worcester State University, it is strongly recommended that
all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they begin
Worcester State University offers a competitive benefits package
- a choice of 9 different pre-taxed, health insurance plan
- a choice of pension or 401(a), and supplemental plan retirement
- life insurance up to 8x the annual salary
- long-term disability coverage
- dental insurance
- 20 vacation days accrued per year
- 15 sick days accrued per year
- 5 personal days per year
- paid holidays
- tuition remission for self, spouse, and dependent children
- and more...
We are an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V.
Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Applicants must apply online and may do so by visiting
www.worcester.edu/careers, and submitting a cover letter, resume,
and the contact information of three professional references.
For assistance with uploading materials, log a ticket via the
HelpDesk link, or contact us directly at 508-929-8053.