Posted Salary Range
Commensurate with experience
To undertake driving and associated duties in respect to the
University’s transportation and delivery services. The post holder
may be required to undertake evening and/or weekend duties as part
of his/her normal working hours or additional hours for which
payment will be made.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work timetable.
· Basic knowledge of vehicle safety.
· Good customer handling skills.
· Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate initiative.
· Maintain an even temperament with customers.
Essential Job Functions
- To ensure that the transport of passengers operates safely and
effectively within the prescribed timetables.
- To provide other driving duties/services for staff, students
and VIP -including field trips which could result in the occasional
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Licensing and Certifications
- Occasional ability to lift, carry and put away items weighing
up to 25 pounds.
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place to
place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Normal physical agility, which includes the ability to maneuver
body while in place.
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot.
- Normal endurance
Minimum age of 5 years, holder of clean driving license (Class
Work in noisy (above 85 decibels) areas
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds
Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds
Heavy Work - Exerting 50-100 pounds
Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds
Extended Work Hours
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Alcorn State University
Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal
opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with
disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and
Excellent Benefits Package
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required DocumentsOptional Documents
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional)