Director - IA Reporting and Analysis
$48,459.00 - $64,693.00 Annually
FT Exempt Salaried Staff
10/13/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
800 W University Parkway, Orem
VP Institutional Advancement
Recently recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best-In-State
Employers for 2022, Utah Valley University (UVU) is the largest
employer in Orem, Utah, the third-largest employer in Utah County,
and the fourteenth-largest employer in the state of Utah. With a
workforce of approximately 5,146 employees, Utah Valley University
is committed to creating a work environment and organizational
culture that celebrates diversity in all forms. UVU's goal to
cultivate a campus climate based on integrity, respect, equal
opportunity, and inclusion begins with Exceptional Care,
Exceptional Accountability, and Exceptional Results.
UVU's Institutional Advancement Division (fundraising area of the
university) is in search of an analytical, driven, and dedicated
individual to take on the role of Reporting and Analysis Director.
This position plays a vital role in supporting the fundraising
efforts of our organization by providing data-driven insights and
analysis. This position involves analyzing large datasets,
interpreting trends, and generating reports and dashboards to guide
fundraising strategies and decision-making. The director
collaborates with cross-functional teams, including development,
alumni, donor relations, events, marketing, and finance, to
optimize fundraising campaigns, improve donor engagement, and
maximize revenue generation. The director leads a team of analysts
and collaborates with various stakeholders to ensure accurate and
timely reporting, analysis, and data-driven decision-making to
support the university's fundraising and advancement efforts.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain Institutional Advancement's reporting and
campaign dashboards. Ensure accurate and meaningful data
visualization for various stakeholders, including senior
leadership, fundraising teams, and external partners.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of fundraising campaigns, donor
trends, and prospect data to identify opportunities, inform
strategies, and drive targeted fundraising efforts. Assist the
leadership team in establishing key performance indicators (KPIs)
and metrics to measure the effectiveness of fundraising
initiatives, campaign progress, donor engagement, and operational
efficiency. Provide regular updates and insights to
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams, including
major gifts, annual giving, alumni relations, prospect research,
marketing, and events to provide data-driven insights, inform
fundraising strategies, and support decision-making. Develop
resources to enhance the data literacy and analytical skills of
fundraising staff, empowering them to utilize data effectively in
- Coordinate with the Data leadership team to improve reporting
accuracy, data quality, and data hygiene. Inform and maintain data
quality standards, ensuring accuracy, consistency, and integrity of
fundraising data, gift records, and prospect information in the
university's alumni/donor database.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to a team of data research
analysts, fostering a culture of continuous learning, innovation,
and data-driven decision-making. Perform other job duties as
Bachelor's degree in a related field plus two years of experience
or an equivalent combination of education plus experience is
A Master's degree plus two years of experience; or a bachelor's
degree plus four years of experience; or an equivalent combination
of education plus experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Familiarity with fundraising databases and CRM systems (e.g.,
Raiser's Edge, Salesforce) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of advanced programming and reporting tools.
- Understanding of server-based software and interfaces between
- Knowledge of higher education fundraising practices and
industry trends is a plus.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power
BI) and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel or similar
- Proficiently use data analysis software (e.g., SQL, Excel, R,
Python) and fundraising platforms to extract, manipulate, and
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze,
and interpret complex data sets and present findings in a clear and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with
the ability to effectively present complex information to diverse
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and
build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Detail-oriented, with a high level of accuracy and a commitment
to data integrity and quality.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, take initiative,
set priorities, and manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to export and manipulate large data sets and write
complex queries and reports.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate
- Ability to prepare research reports and proposals.
- Ability to connect and utilize systems necessary to analyze
- Ability to instruct and translate necessary technical knowledge
- Efficiently support end-users with expertise and training.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including experience
managing a team, setting strategic priorities, and driving
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/4211225/director-ia-reporting-and-analysis