10/3/2023 11:59 p.m.
Grants & Special Projects
Center for Justice-Impacted Students
CJIS Academic Director and Program Manager
The Center for Justice-Impacted Students (CJIS) provides higher
educational programming for residents within two juvenile detention
centers in New Jersey; offers an associate degree pathway for young
adults residing across Juvenile Justice Commission facilities; and
provides holistic wrap-around supports for justice-impacted
on-campus students. The Center is looking for a Program Coordinator
to complete the administrative tasks that are essential to
supporting the day-to-day operations of each of these
- Coordinates the Center’s programs and recruitment events for
justice-impacted youth in Juvenile Detention Centers (JDC) and
Juvenile Justice Commission (JJC) facilities, including outreach,
intake, enrollment, registration, and onboarding with students,
faculty, and staff.
- Independently oversees the day-to-day administrative operations
of a college degree program for incarcerated students in JJC
facilities and programs.
- Collaborates with JJC as well as Middlesex College’s
Information Technology (IT) and eLearning departments to ensure
ongoing IT compliance for students’ accounts and JJC IT
- Ensures continued college access and success for students as
they transition across facilities and/or are discharged.
- Serves as an advisor for justice-impacted students and provides
holistic advising to ensure academic success.
- Supports prospective justice-impacted students with completing
financial aid applications and providing financial aid
- Coordinates support services for justice-impacted students and
refers students to campus units as needed.
- Collaborates with CJIS program staff to provide operational
support for ongoing academic success and mentoring programs for
- Develops data collection tools, administers surveys, and
prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of Higher Education experience
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Experience working in a busy office setting
- Experience coordinating student support programs
- Experience working with incarcerated students
- Personal experience with navigating the criminal justice
Duration: 9/18/2023 –6/30/2024
Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This is a specially funded position, dependent for its existence
upon federal, State, or other non-College operating funds, and is
not funded pursuant to the regular College budget. Continued
employment is always contingent upon satisfactory performance and
College needs. Grant funded positions are also contingent upon
continued funding. This appointment is for the specified period
only. Employment beyond the expiration date of the grant is subject
to appropriate provisions of existing collectively bargained
agreements in effect at the time for employees covered by those
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011
will have to meet the New Jersey residency law