A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) seeks a non-exempt Outreach Dental Hygienist
at the St. Louis Dental Center. This position provides education
and screenings to seniors and supervises dental students who assist
with presentation and screenings. Responsibilities include all
scheduling and documentation of projects, preparing necessary
paperwork/consents and obtaining supplies for each
Major Job Duties
- Utilize strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Contact community organizations to schedule outreach
presentations, prepare all paperwork, collect information and
create spreadsheets and/or tables necessary to document the
- Provide education and screenings to older adults.
- Supervise dental students as they present and perform
- Assist the Director DIC and Director ICSP with DIC/ICSP
coursework and activities.
- Provide clinical supervision of dental students performing
nonsurgical periodontal procedures on the clinic floor.
- Assist with grant writing, research, and classroom
- Supervise students during weekend or evening hours at outreach
- Occasional/limited supervision.
- Balancing scheduling of programs with student clinic and
- Employee will have contact with other employees in their
department, employees in other departments, the general public,
patients and families and organized groups outside of KCOM.
- Employees will be responsible for recording and reporting
quality of life surveys and project reports (numbers of
presentations, participants, people screened, students who
participated, participants who request treatment at the
- College three years plus-AAS Dental Hygiene.
- College Degree-B.S. Dental Hygiene.
- Knowledge in dental education, public speaking, clinical
dentistry, computer skills.
- 3-4 years
- Must have a Missouri dental/dental hygienist license to
- Prefer Public Health experience.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and
computer skills required.
- Dental teaching experience at the college or graduate level
preferred but not required.
- Interest in working with older adults and students.
- Ability to objectively assess own work and the work of
- Be a team player and also a self-starter.
- 5% walking.
- 20% standing.
- 20% sitting.
- 3% carrying.
- 3% pushing.
- 3% pulling.
- 10% talking.
- Bringing equipment and supplies into facilities to provide