IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Upload Resume or Curriculum Vitae for automatic
population of information to the application.
- The contact information, work experience, and education listed
on your Resume/CV will be parsed and input into your Montclair
- Review information and double-check all fields
containing information that the system parsed – the software is
intelligent, but you need to verify that the data is accurate.
- In the “My Experience” section, you will find a
Resume/CV upload option where you can submit your cover letter and
all other supporting documents.
If you have an expansive CV, we recommend that you
apply manually and only include the positions you have held in the
last ten (10) years . You will then be able to attach your
Resume/CV, as well as all other supporting documentation in the "My
Experience" section of your application.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Technical Support
Services, the Director of Endpoint Engineering is a hands-on
position that is responsible for ensuring a customer-focused
approach to delivering information technology services to Montclair
State University. The Director manages the endpoint engineering
team which is responsible for the enterprise workstation
infrastructure and integrated applications utilized across campus.
The team is also responsible for direct support of Faculty, Staff
and Students across campus through collaboration with the Service
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Plan and implement the technical support strategy and roadmap
for Faculty, Students, and Staff.
- Organize and support team involvement in operation planning,
decision making, and process improvements.
- Create agendas, scheduling monthly meetings, and liaising with
other local academic technology Directors and IT Directors to
inform, discuss and acknowledge improvements and changes within
- Serve as the Technical Director for administrative divisions
and specified Colleges.
- Review and respond to survey feedback weekly to improve
services, tools, and support experience.
- Take ownership of unresolved technical issues, and escalate as
- Review and understand the daily metrics on incidents coming
through the IT Service Desk by establishing a line of communication
with the Director of IT Support Services and ensure that the team
is meeting the SLAs.
- Responsible for acting as the technical liaison for several
colleges and established clinics.
Staff Leadership and Management
- Provide System Administration for ServiceNow IT Systems
Management used across all areas of Information Technology on
campus, Division of Finance and Treasury, Human Resources, Red Hawk
Central, and other areas across campus.
- Update policies based on support applications utilized across
campus, including policy creation, documentation, and training,
- Collaborate with professional staff and Director Systems and
Infrastructure Operations to ensure that the uptime for the Desktop
Management applications (JAMF and SCCM) are up to date and maintain
an uptime of 99.9%.
- Collaborate with the Director of IT Support Services to manage
staffing levels to meet hours of operation as assigned and develop
a procedure for on-call staff coverage.
- Perform comprehensive performance reviews of all full-time
staff based on Human Resources guidelines and deadlines.
- Assist in the development and completion of organizational
goals, policies, processes, and procedures for team members, and
set professional development goals to ensure the health of the
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations, projects, processes
enhancements, customer support, and improvements.
- The Director serves as one of the direct representatives of the
Assistant Vice President of Technical Support Services in various
meetings, committee assignments, and conferences as needed.
- Lead and manage the status and deliverables for all projects
- Assist with planning and implementing the University's
technical support strategy and roadmap to ensure that all service
offerings and projects are aligned.
- Identify and foster relationships with external vendors.
- Manage budget targets to ensure that all projects are completed
on budget and on time.
- Manage, track and adhere to a regular replacement cycle for
computers (laptops, desktops, and monitors) that are part of our
computer lifecycle program.
- Maintain and regularly update desktop/application standards,
working closely with our vendors and Information Technology groups
to ensure compliance, timeliness and leverage economies of
- Establish and maintain a technical knowledge base that can be
shared internally and with our campus community.
- Coordinate the download and distribution of all
enterprise-owned software, and assist IT Business Manager with the
software license documentation and agreements to ensure
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university.
Relevant IT certifications/equivalent experience in an information
systems role may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated technical experience,
which includes managing group(s) responsible for customer-facing IT
services including a minimum of 3-years of experience implementing
and administering Help Desk tools in a medium to large-sized
- Demonstrated experience supporting, administering, and
distributing application packages for Windows 10 and Mac OS (10.13
and higher) operating systems using Jamf and Microsoft System
Security Service Manager (SCCM) and GPOs.
- Well-developed analytical and quantitative skills to evaluate
service levels and drive performance standards.
- Experience with planning, managing, and implementing
technology-based projects while balancing multiple
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both oral and
written; Strength in collaborating and leading within a team and
cross-functionally up to and including the executive leadership
- Ability to adapt to or establish policies, procedures, and
technology and document this by established change control
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
- Experience with troubleshooting a variety of audio, visual, and
multimedia equipment and systems.
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting Windows and Apple equipment as
it relates to mediated spaces.
- Ability to utilize website and social media functions to
perform updates to specific Information Technology pages.
- Ability to develop and conduct training, workshops, and/or
seminars for the campus community.
- Certifications in ITIL Foundations, A+, Help Desk Institute
(HDI) Director and Manager certifications, a plus.
- Knowledge of specific security and data protection policies
(FER.PA, HIPAA, Pll, etc.).
- Superior database and Excel skills (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables,
Applicants should include a resume and cover letter describing how
their background, skills and education match the needs of the
University. When applying, please take a moment to carefully read
and follow the steps in the application instructions.
Technical Support Services
For questions or concerns, please contact Human Resources' Workday
Recruiting Support at 973-655-5000 (Option 2)
, or email
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity.
Additional information can be found on the website at
Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 Policy
Montclair State is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 not to
discriminate on the basis of sex or gender, and does not
discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of
education programs and activities. The requirement to not
discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of
education programs and activities extends to admission and
employment. For further details, please visit: https://www.montclair.edu/human-resources/job-seekers/