IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Upload Resume or Curriculum Vitae for automatic
population of information to the application.
- The contact information, work experience, and education listed
on your Resume/CV will be parsed and input into your Montclair
- Review information and double-check all fields
containing information that the system parsed – the software is
intelligent, but you need to verify that the data is accurate.
- In the “My Experience” section, you will find a
Resume/CV upload option where you can submit your cover letter and
all other supporting documents.
If you have an expansive CV, we recommend that you
apply manually and only include the positions you have held in the
last ten (10) years . You will then be able to attach your
Resume/CV, as well as all other supporting documentation in the "My
Experience" section of your application.
Reporting to the Dean, College of Community Health, the
Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing
confidential administrative support to the Dean and staff in the
Dean’s Office, with a focus on office management, scheduling for
the Dean and others as needed, communications, and supporting
special events and projects. The Administrative Coordinator works
with the Dean and the Dean's staff, especially the Director of
Administration, Budget, and Human Resources, in the development and
implementation of policies, organizational development plans,
programs, and operations to assist with the smooth and effective
functioning of the College for Community Health and the Office of
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support for CCHL Dean
- Coordinate activities with the offices of the President,
Provost, and other University offices and with CCHL academic
department and center leadership to support effective and efficient
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with
administrative and support staff within the college and university
(including CCHL Associate and Assistant Deans, Administrators,
Program Associates, and other office staff), academic and
non-academic unit heads, faculty members, staff and students,
alumni, government and private agencies, and the public to ensure
that established goals are met and problems are resolved.
- Prepare briefing materials, meeting agendas, and summaries of
meetings, conferences and other events, as needed.
- Coordinate and manage Dean’s daily and travel schedule,
including reservations and reimbursements, schedule meetings as
- Draft written and email responses to correspondence for the
Dean as requested.
Support for CCHL Dean’s Office
- Act as office manager for the Dean’s Office and Suite,
including: preparing requests for purchase of supplies, materials,
and equipment; placing work orders; developing and updating office
procedure manuals; and handling in-person, written, and telephone
requests and inquiries.
- Help to create a welcoming environment within the college and
provide support and guidance to administrative staff throughout the
- Maintain and manage essential records and files in online and
physical locations, including confidential personnel files, for
ready access by the Dean and others (as designated) in the Dean’s
- Create, revise, maintain, and archive documents, reports and
records within the Dean’s Office.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs,
assists departments with faculty and specialist search processes
for the Dean’s Office, processing faculty reassign time and course
releases, internal grants, and coordinating events to support
faculty and staff scholarly activities.
- Works with the Director of Administration, Budget, and Academic
Personnel to: 1) Support facilities needs, including overseeing the
security and retrieval of keys for onboarding and exiting CCHL
employees and internal moves, granting and tracking swipe access to
department suites and other locations, preparing requisitions and
work-orders tied to facilities and responding in a timely way to
incoming emails and calls from CCHL staff regarding CCHL
facilities; 2) Support college with purchasing functions by
preparing requisitions, creating supplier invoices, utilizing the
department purchasing card and assisting with the annual budget
process. 3) Oversee the administration of adjunct, managerial,
professional hiring and assisting with search processes for the
- Oversee reservations and reservation policies of
- Hire, schedule, train, and supervise student assistants.
- Develop online surveys for information and data
- Support work related to university development, including
organizing Advisory Board meetings, taking minutes during meetings,
preparing letters for donors, etc.
Internal and External Communications
- Coordinate and distribute internal communications within the
college (such as email, newsletter).
- Develop processes and procedures to clearly and regularly
communicate relevant information to the appropriate faculty and
- Manage directories, listservs, and mailing distribution lists
for communications with the College and external organizations and
- Coordinate mailings related to alumni relations and
development, Dean's List, etc.
Special Events and Special Projects
- Organize and coordinate special events such as retreats,
workshops, fairs, banquets, and/or meetings. Assist in determining
date, time, location, and catering. Make all necessary arrangements
to include processing of written requests and requisitions when
- Work closely with CCHL academic departments and centers to plan
for, organize and execute successful academic events as
- Provide administrative and technical assistance on a wide range
of special projects as assigned by the Dean.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change duties at any
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a
- A minimum of two years of experience working in an
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and
PowerPoint)Technological proficiency and ability to quickly learn
new applications and software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Exceptional
organizational skills. Demonstrated understanding of excellent
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of
stakeholders including faculty, students, staff within and outside
the college, community members, and alumni.
- Ability to exercise discretion at the highest level while being
trusted with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse faculty and staff,
promote the education of students from diverse backgrounds, and who
are committed to equity and justice issues in socially, culturally,
and economically diverse communities and antiracism in the fields
of education and human services.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
- Professional experience in a higher education setting.
- Familiarity with systems including Workday, Qualtrics, Google
Forms, and Zoom.
- Experience scheduling using Google Calendar, Doodle polls,
Applicants should include a resume and cover letter describing how
their background, skills and education match the needs of the
University. When applying, please take a moment to carefully read
and follow the steps in the application instruction .
Professional - Non-Faculty
For questions or concerns, please contact Human Resources' Workday
Recruiting Support at 973-655-5000 (Option 2)
, or email
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity.
Additional information can be found on the website at
Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 Policy
Montclair State is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 not to
discriminate on the basis of sex or gender, and does not
discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of
education programs and activities. The requirement to not
discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of
education programs and activities extends to admission and
employment. For further details, please visit: https://www.montclair.edu/human-resources/job-seekers/