Learning & Development Consultant
Reporting to the Talent Engagement & Development (TED)
Director, the Learning & Development Consultant works under
minimal direction to serve as an internal consultant, coach, and
leader of organizational engagement. This position serves as a
trusted advisor to help build an inclusive and dynamic culture and
workforce, and pursues continuous improvement through knowledge,
collaboration, and leadership. This position will help plan,
develop, coordinate, and deliver initiatives that enhance learning
and development opportunities for employees.
- Develop and facilitate the delivery of training to support the
University’s mission, values and business practices and
- Deliver key talent engagement and development programs with
accountability for coordination and execution. Key programs may
include New Hire Orientation, Rewards & Recognition, and
- Build, plan, and lead activities to engage employees and
instill Pacific’s culture based on university values.
- Support the growing compliance-related training needs. Follow
established procedures to monitor compliance training program
completion through the onboarding process and employee lifecycle as
required by university policies.
- Manage training projects from inception to delivery and
evaluate results. Leverage data to make informed recommendations
for continuous improvement of TED service offerings to campus
- Direct or manage ongoing system administration, maintenance,
testing, and troubleshooting of the LMS and other talent systems.
Manage routine file integrations from vendors.
- Manage content in the LMS (upload / update / revise), tests,
tracks, and maintains consistency of courses. Troubleshoot
functionality issues (e.g., load time problems, SCORM issues,
etc.). Resolve issues that may appear within the setup of courses,
configuration, or system infrastructure.
- Bring innovation and strategic thinking to your work as you
consult with supervisors and managers to identify development needs
within their respective units to help achieve their objectives;
Make recommendations for strategies, training resources and
programs to improve performance.
- Monitor and analyze L&D practices and processes to
determine their efficiency and effectiveness. Recommend areas of
improvement to achieve and deliver higher quality services.
- Maintain effective internal communications between
supervisors/managers and TED team to evaluate feedback that will
impact L&D design, development or program delivery.
- Produce professional presentations and training materials using
MS Word, PowerPoint and other desktop publishing software. Support
the development of training materials, handbooks, and updates to
other learning resources.
- Revise existing training materials and programs based on audit
results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from
internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program
sponsors and trainers.
- Work with TED team to identify areas where common training
solutions can be leveraged across campus units/departments.
- Partner with wider HR team on strategic projects that impact
talent and development processes and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and
inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and
employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that
demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways
socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality,
socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and
- Bachelor’s Degree (Two (2) years of full-time experience in the
same/similar position is equal to one (1) year of completed post
high school education coursework).
- Three (3) years of human resources work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or
- Human Resources certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP
- Service focused attitude, high level of professionalism,
discretion and judgement.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and in a team
- Ability to problem solve with clear verbal and written
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of human
- Skills in technical and analytical reporting.
- Confident demeanor to advocate for staff development
- Experience working with Bridge or similar learning management
- Experience working with content development and presentation
eLearning authoring and animation software applications.
- Knowledge of training and delivery of e-learning, instructional
design models and methodologies.
- Skilled at providing technical support and communicating
technical information to non-technical end-users.
- Strong project management skills, able to manage multiple
projects meeting deadlines, and partner with a wide range of
- Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite
Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and
software used in Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders by
displaying integrity in service.
- Ability to prioritize time-critical assignments and demonstrate
effective organizational skills.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity,
and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices
and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not
definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist
motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional
standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and
reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:Work is primarily performed in a
standard office environment. Work performed during standard
$64,480.00 - $65,880.00 per year. We consider
factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of
the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well
as market and organizational considerations when extending an
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26520
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In
compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is
committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff
and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in
the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and
veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy,
gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical