Chair, Associate Professor/Professor
210605-School of Industrial Sciences & Technology
Per Faculty Salary Model - Dependent on Discipline
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Note: A background check is required for the selected candidate of
this position and any job offer is contingent on the results of
Candidates must complete an on-line faculty profile found at
https://jobs.ucmo.edu and apply to position 999937.
Candidates should submit (1) a cover letter that outlines the
applicant’s interest, qualifications, and experience for the
position; (2) description of their management philosophy and
leadership style; (3) a curriculum vitae, and names, phone numbers,
email addresses of a minimum of five professional references; (4)
copies of transcripts showing degree completions. All documentation
requested for this position must be attached to the faculty profile
at the time of application. [Official undergraduate and graduate
transcripts showing degree completions will be required later for
employment to begin.] Only completed on-line faculty profiles with
attached documents will be considered for this position. Review of
completed applications begins October 1, 2023 and continues until
he position is filled. The preferred starting date for this
appointment is January 2024, but no later than August 5, 2024. This
is a 12-month appointment, with academic rank commensurate with
quasipartons and experience.
Direct inquiries regarding this position to:
Dr. Ronnie Rollins, Associate Dean
For information about the on-line application process contact Human
Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (660)543-4255.
UCM requires that all faculty applicants complete the on-line
faculty profile. All documents requested must be attached to the
profile at the time of application. Only completed faculty profiles
with attached documents will be accepted for this position.
The University of Central Missouri is an AA/ EEO / ADA employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Veteran status and
people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Professional Faculty Hours
Open Until Filled
The College of Health, Science, and Technology at the University of
Central Missouri ( UCM ), invites applications for the Chair
position for the School of Industrial Sciences and Technology. UCM
is a public comprehensive university with more than 12,000 students
providing a small-college learning environment coupled with
large-university opportunities located 40 miles southeast of Kansas
City’s Metropolitan area in Warrensburg, MO. The School of
Industrial Sciences and Technology offers baccalaureate degrees in
five areas of technology/management, and two Master of Science
degrees in Industrial Management, and Technology with several
option areas. UCM also offers programs through the Missouri
Innovation Campus, a collaboration between the Lee’s Summit School
district, the Metropolitan Community College, and UCM . We are also
partners to offer the PhD in Technology Management which is
conferred by Indiana State University. Details can be found at
www.ucmo.edu/technology. The school has 21 full-time faculty and
staff. Approximately 1,100 students major in our programs of study;
about 250 of these are graduate students. The School is committed
to excellence in both teaching, scholarship, and service. Our
Mission Statement is as follows; “To prepare management oriented
technical professionals for positions in business, industry,
entrepreneurship, and government.”
The Chair is expected to provide visionary leadership in teaching,
scholarship, service, external funding, and innovation in
curriculum development and delivery. The chairperson has the
following general responsibilities:
Education & Formal Training
- Ensure academic integrity through curricular assessment,
organization efficiency, and academic innovation
- Recruit, retain, and develop students, faculty, and staff
- Steward organizational resources including personnel,
facilities, and finances
- Supervise faculty (and program coordinators) and staff
- Pursue diverse resources including extramural funding and
- Engage and complete strategic planning and assessment
- Communicate effectively with departmental/school constituencies
as well as university leadership
- Represent the department/school on campus and to external
agencies and cultivate those relationships
- Provide vision and direction for the department/school through
word and deed
- Teach within their discipline
- Produce scholarship appropriate to their role at the
- Provide service appropriate to their role at the
- Develop, manage, and assess course schedules, including
maintenance of multi-year schedules in conjunction with program
- Hold timely meetings
- Assign service activities with the department/school
- Resolve difficulties, complaints, and conflicts
- Supervise completion of assessments and reports
- Complete faculty evaluations
- Uphold and execute policies and procedures
- Accept special assignments
Doctorate degree (Specify field(s) of study below)
Other Education & Formal Training
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in a
discipline area closely aligned with one of the academic programs
in the school.
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling and personnel
- Experience in curriculum development and program
- Record of successful teaching in higher education.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in scholarship commensurate
with the level of associate or full professor.
- Demonstrated effective communication, facilitative, and
- Documented collaborative/participatory leadership skills.
- Documented experience in program/student assessment.
- Record of advocacy for faculty.
- Experience in professional program accreditation and program
Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Record of extramural funding and/or fundraising.
- Experience with multi-disciplinary teams and diverse
- Two (2) years of experience in budgeting, scheduling, personnel
management, curriculum development and program management.
Attention to detail, Budget-related skills, Communication skills,
including oral, written, and/or nonverbal, Human
Relations/Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills:
organization/meeting facilitation/project leadership, Supervisory
skills, including motivation, delegation of duties, evaluation,
etc, Management and/or administration skills, Ability to manage
multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines, Maintain
Other Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
Physical & Environmental Factors:
Special Working Conditions:
Ability to Keyboard
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that the university requires a background
check for this position and that any job offer made to the selected
candidate is contingent upon the results of this check?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Will you now or in the future require employer sponsorship to
acquire or maintain U.S. work authorization?
- Cover Letter
- Management & Leadership Philosophy Statement