Job Vacancy Announcement
Executive Associate II
Office of the VP, Data Science, Innovation and Effectiveness
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$51,851 - $57,036/Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing and expediting the workflow for the Vice
President, prioritizing work assignments, ensuring timely
completion of tasks, and demonstrating advanced proficiency in a
variety of software applications in a fast-paced office. Performs
highly diversified duties with direct responsibility for effective
operation of the office, including preparation of reports and
providing a variety of services which support the administrative
management of the area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours are
equivalent to one year) or related certification.
- Three years of progressive experience, including at least 2
years assisting an executive-level position or serving as an office
manager or in a position which involved office management
- Experience in working with confidential matters in a sensitive
and mature manner.
- Bachelor’s Preferred
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and
- Knowledge of business English, bookkeeping, spelling and
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of current technology in
personal computer applications/software including a variety of
Content Management Systems (e.g. SharePoint), Student Information
Systems (e.g. Colleague), as well as, Microsoft Office applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
- Skilled in taking minutes of meetings, composing and filing
correspondence, dealing with the public, both in person and on the
telephone, and as a timekeeper
- Ability to supervise employees
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, maintaining a complex office in
the vice president’s absence.
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process. A
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Manages the office, prioritizes work, and ensures timely
completion of tasks, and is responsible for the day-to-day
operation of the vice president’s office.
- Coordinates and monitors work within the vice president’s areas
of responsibility for timely submittal of reports and the
attainment of other critical project deadlines.
- Provides administrative support to the vice president to
include drafting, writing, and/or coordinating logistical follow-up
on matters delegated to staff.
- Initiates and/or contributes to oral and written responses to
technical inquiries directed to the vice president, or for his/her
signature. Prepares documents ranging from customer relations
issues to issues on institutional matters.
- Serves in administrative role by maintaining liaison with vice
president’s staff to disseminate information pertaining to
college-wide policies, procedures, technology, and concerns.
- Expedites workflow in the absence of the vice president.
Schedules the daily activities of the vice president.
- Assists in the preparation of reports to the president and the
Board of Trustees.
- Composes difficult and technical correspondence related to
student complaints and concerns.
- Prepares material related to confidential/legal matters.
- Reviews, screens, refers, and/or resolves all
- Interprets, communicates, and applies rules, regulations, laws,
policies, and procedures of the college.
- Insures the proper purchase, operation, maintenance, and repair
of office equipment.
- Screens area wide correspondence and forms for accuracy.
- Coordinates the annual evaluation process in the vice
president’s area of responsibility for administrators, full-time
staff and part-time staff.
- Serves as timekeeper and liaison to payroll office in
submitting leave requests and preparing part-time payroll
submission by published deadlines.
- Maintains office procedures manual.
- Participates in appropriate professional development activities
and recommends methods to enhance the overall management in the
- Coordinates division meetings and works on other special
projects as directed by the vice president.
- Maintains and is responsible for office calendar, and
- Schedules and coordinates monthly Leadership Council meetings,
including preparation and dissemination of pertinent material and
- Attends and takes minutes for staff meetings and the support
staff meetings as required; transcribes meeting minutes into
narrative reports; and circulates the minutes via email for all
- Coordinates complex non‑routine meetings on and off campus with
various individuals, committees and constituency groups.
- Maintains liaison with the area’s offices of responsibility;
conducts regular meetings with other administrative staff to ensure
that relevant policies and procedures are being followed.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the other administrative
assistants of the Senior Team to ensure adequate support.
- Assists the vice president with monitoring the department’s
budget lines; Prepares Accounting and Procurement documents; Enters
pertinent information into the Colleague Financials system in the
form of requisition to process invoices, order supplies, renew
periodicals, schedule local or out of state travel, etc.
- Receives, sorts and categorizes all incoming information and
mail to the Office of the Vice President and disseminates it in a
timely fashion. Processes all outgoing communication in the form of
emails, letters, voice messages or other forms of
- Communicates to the college community information regarding The
Prince George’s Community College Code of Conduct concerning
student discipline, disruptive behavior, and academic
- Assists with the student discipline process.
- Researches and gathers, periodically, source materials for the
preparation of correspondence, meeting minutes, updating contacts,
and other purposes.
- Establishes and maintains alphabetical, subjective and
numerical filing systems.
- Attends college wide meetings, forums and other events on
behalf of the department as required.
- Supervises office student employees as needed
- Implements appropriate student success strategies in support of
the college’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Identifies and implements critical customer service standards
in support of the college’s vision, mission, and strategic
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the vice
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. No significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be able to work Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
; you will receive an email acknowledging
receipt of your application, upon which time no further
communication occurs unless selected for an interview or the
position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have three years of progressive experience, including
at least 2 years of assisting an executive level position?
- * Please be advised that as required by the 1986 Immigration
Act, candidates must be prepared to present acceptable
documentation showing identity and that you are a U.S. Citizen or
an alien who is authorized to work. It is the college's policy that
PGCC does not provide sponsorship for prospective employees. Will
you require sponsorship to work in the United States?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2