DePauw University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Women, members of underrepresented groups, and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please go to
University Profile for more information about DePauw.
This position is responsible for all operational aspect of the
Campus Mail Center, Student Post Office, and Campus Warehouse.
These three functional areas include campus mail and parcel
services and campus inventory management that support the
university with material inventory, procurement, purchasing,
liquidation, and mail/parcel pickup and delivery. The position
provides support to the Facilities Operations Business Manager in
administrative tasks such as issuance of purchase orders, invoice
processing, inventory filing, reporting and other duties as
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Picking up mail at the US Post Office, sorting mail for
delivery, and delivering mail on campus
- Processing of the mail
- Receiving and scanning parcels/packages into the Tracking
System that electronically notifies students of the delivery
- Loading student mailboxes
- Preparing bulk mailings in compliance with USPS
- Shipping packages
- Responding to a job request from an office and helping with
their mailing needs
- Working with offices to obtain what they need for a planned
- Paying Federal Express bills and other office bills on a timely
- Ordering supplies for the office machines and supplies for
- The ability to periodically supervise and instruct student
workers employed in the Mail Center and the Student Post Office on
the handling and processing of mailings, both inbound and
- The ability to operate all mail processing equipment
- Maintaining and driving the mail vehicle
- Assisting customers with warehouse inventory needs
- Ordering, receiving, stocking, and issuing of inventory from
- Performing inventory audits
- Data entry to ensure warehouse inventory is maintained at the
appropriate stock level
- Staging of inventory and non-inventory materials for
maintenance work orders
- Using the Inventory and Work Management systems effectively to
perform necessary inventory management and materials staging
- Providing excellent customer service via written and verbal
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of
different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from
campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences
related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity,
religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve
a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of
personalities and individuals. Judgment - The ability to
formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree
Experience with USPS rules and regulations is
preferred. Minimum six months to one-year prior experience in a
mailroom setting is preferred. Prior warehouse operation experience
is preferred. Experience using CMMS and inventory management
software is preferred.
- Computer proficiencies and associated skill set. Proficiency
with G-Mail, Google, Microsoft Office. Ability to process Excel
spreadsheets, Mail Merge documents, import and export data files,
- Ability to learn various software support programs associated
with mail duties, inventory management, and work management .
Basic: Ability to read, listen to
and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to write and communicate simple
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
Certificates & Licenses:
Valid US driver's license
required. Must be able to achieve a forklift operator
- This position requires self-initiative and good independent
- Being familiar with USPS postal regulations and the postal
equipment used to process mailings is absolutely imperative for
this position to be functional.
- Must be able to stand and walk daily in course of performing
duties (sorting mall, delivering mail, picking up mail, processing,
- Must be able to push/pull large postal APC units, mail carts,
and inventory materials, daily (inside and outside of
- Must be able to lift/carry mail tubs and trays frequently
(generally in association with bulk mailings)
- Must be able to assemble mailings for processing (good hand/eye
dexterity and coordination)
- Must be able to work in inclement weather (snow, rain, ice,
- Having the ability to do minor repairs or adjustments to the
mail machines and associated equipment also desirable.
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Must be able to access inventory materials from overhead
- Must be a team player (shared responsibilities)
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be creative in looking at alternative solutions and
methods to streamline processing and handling of mail