Posting Detail Information
Internal Position Title
The Testing Specialist
, under the direct supervision of the
Testing Coordinator, Lakeshore Campus in conjunction with the
Testing Manager, Grayslake Campus, assists in the administration
and coordination of testing services at the Lakeshore Campus. The
Testing Specialist is responsible for proctoring exams in
compliance with a variety of testing rules and regulations, scoring
and reporting test results, maintaining test security, integrity,
records and other related responsibilities. The Testing Specialist
supports the overall operation of day-to-day testing activities,
provides input and feedback and assists in supervising and training
testing staff as needed.
Why choose the College of Lake County for your next
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) offers a competitive salary,
excellent benefits that includes Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
health, Delta Dental and Superior Vision insurance plans, tuition
support for employees and qualified family members, three
retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life
insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account
plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous
vacation, sick and personal time off and 14 paid holidays each
CLC is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern
Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution
providing life-changing paths for our students by offering
exceptional learning experiences. CLC achieved a milestone in 2023
with its designation as a Leader College. This national recognition
awarded by the Achieving the Dream Network is the result of
improved student outcomes through the CLC’s relentless commitment
to transformational change and the implementation of innovative
practices within the student success model over the past few
CLC aspires to be a place where every student succeeds, every
employee thrives, so that every business achieves and every
community grows. Our mission is to be innovative and value-driven
in supporting student success through developing and encouraging
employees of all backgrounds on their journey toward achieving
personal and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One (1) year of related experience.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets,
databases, software programs and the ability to troubleshoot
- Excellent customer service, organizational, communications
(oral & written), interpersonal and problem-solving
- Demonstrated history of dependability and accountability.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment,
multi-task, work under pressure, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to sit and interact with public (over the phone, email,
or in person) continuously, and walk, stand, bend, squat, climb,
kneel, twist, lift (0-50+ lbs), carry (0-50+ lbs) and push (0-300
- Experience working in testing or educational setting.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Schedule flexibility to meet departmental needs.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Total Hours per week
Monday – Thursday 11:30 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m.-
Hours will change to accommodate summer business hours.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations and Procedures: 55%
Student and Customer Service: 35%
- Aids in supervising and coordinating testing services at the
Lakeshore Campus, maintaining exam equity, records, and
confidentiality of testing student information.
- Administers all exams in strict compliance with applicable
testing rules, regulations, and procedures. Scores and reports test
results as appropriate.
- Handles and resolves technical and testing software support
issues with Information Technology department and external
technical support services and reports issues to supervisor.
- Serves as Pearson Vue Center proctor.
- Aids in maintaining inventory of all supplies and materials for
- Maintains proficiency in testing and college related technology
such as RegisterBlast, Zoom, Microsoft applications, Canvas, and
- Organize and prepare the WorkKeys and In-person NLN exam for
- Attends all trainings, certification programs and professional
development workshops necessary to ensure the appropriate,
effective, and efficient delivery and supervision of testing
- Communicates and interacts with staff, faculty, external
testing services, community partners and others to ensure effective
and efficient delivery of testing services.
- Supplies clear and concise instructions and information for
testing participants and staff.
- Handles and resolves customer service and staff issues and
reports them to supervisor as appropriate.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Aids in supervising, supplying input about and training testing
- Serves as a safety coordinator for the role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have a minimum of one (1) year work-related
- * Are you computer proficient using word processing,
spreadsheets, databases, various software programs, and computer
- * Do you have experience working in testing or an educational
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1