The director will collaborate closely with leadership to design and implement technology plans that serves the university community, including the implementation of a new enterprise-wide content management system.
- Directs solutions to functional and technical problems.
- Supervises and directs the work of web services staff.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for web related project management, customer service processes, and software selection and support.
- Has responsibility for the exploration, implementation, testing and maintenance of campus web related technology.
- Defines a strategy that fully realizes Emory's vision and organizes around this strategy by building a tactical action plan and roadmap.
- Builds a web governance model, executes web projects from end to end, and manages budgets and vendors.
- Develops short and long-range plans and manages projects at both the high and low level, translating business requirements into broad timelines, tracking project status, timeline and budgets, and providing project reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for the main Emory website by overseeing planning, analysis, development, design, implementation and maintenance of the main site.
- Manages and leads cross-functional teams in projects related to evolving digital communications technologies, including, but not limited to, website design efforts and content management software.
- Works with contractors/vendors/consultants on the development and execution of web-related projects, including implementation timelines.
- Leads web development efforts with a focus on UX/UI and search engine optimization.
- Manages the University content management system.
- Oversees website content approval processes.
- Ensures all website content follows federal ADA regulations.
- Serves as the liaison between the communications department and university departments with regard to web content and updates.
- Meets with stakeholders to oversee the collaborative success of projects related to digital communications.
- Establishes key performance indicators and monitors analytics to ensure website is effective in communicating to site visitors.
- Develops, manages and implements comprehensive training programs for department web editors.
- Oversees schedule of web page content updates. Collaborates on web content development projects (including, but not limited to, copy, photography and video).
- Writes, develops and implements web-related policies.
- Implements and ensures website accessibility, aesthetic, editorial, and marketing objectives for Emory's web presence to ensure accurate and professional representation of the university.
- Employs user testing methodologies and tools to conduct user experience testing.
- Uses Siteimprove to analyze website readability, quality assurance, and ADA compliance.
- Researches and implements long-term solutions related to website accessibility and design.
- Acts as website product owner, making key decisions on content migration processes and policies.
- Supervises web development and web design personnel.
- Monitors site performance and maintains site analytics to inform dynamic design.
- Maintains close communication with site content editors to ensure integrity of navigation and structure of information.
- Conducts training, as necessary.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of related IT experience including demonstrated technical expertise in specific IT areas, project management skills and lead or supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Extensive experience in the implementation and production support of an enterprise system.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University on a flexible weekly schedule based upon business needs. Schedule is based on agreed upon guidelines of department of work. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.