Working Warhawk II - Math Lab Assistant
Mathematics and Computer Science
Number of Vacancies
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The lab assistants for MATH 0703 and 0803 will work with the
lab coordinator to answer questions for students taking Elementary
and Intermediate Algebra. These courses are roughly at the level of
high school algebra I and II.
- The lab course uses a computer aided instruction ( CAI )
software called MyMathLab which leads students through exercises in
each section of the chapters covered in their MATH 0703 or MATH
0803 classes. The lab assistant’s job is to help with the use of
the software and to answer questions about algebra.
- Strong skills in algebra and communication.
- Strong people skills are needed for this job.
- Lab assistant candidates will be asked to complete a test of
their course related math skills and to submit to a background
check before a final job offer can be made.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Professional Reference Sheet
- Additional Supporting Documents