Trine University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in chemistry at the Assistant Professor rank. A Ph.D. in biochemistry or chemistry is required. Primary teaching responsibilities include biochemistry, general chemistry and other courses within their area of expertise. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate should be expected to participate in campus culture, contribute to a highly collaborative department, participate in small-scale undergraduate research, and advise and mentor students.
The Department of Science at Trine University is a part of the Rinker Ross School of Health Sciences, and offers B.S. degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, and forensic science. The department is located in Best Hall of Science, home of new anatomy and physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, organic, and physical/inorganic chemistry laboratories as well as space for student research. Additionally the Best Hall of Science recently completed a $16 million, 36,000 square-foot addition. This addition includes new physical/inorganic chemistry laboratories, quantitative/instrumental chemistry laboratories, a collaborative learning classroom, faculty offices, and renovated molecular biology and biochemistry laboratories. The department is well equipped with modern instrumentation including two Anatomage tables, a Synergy HTX multi-more plate reader, BSL-II microbiology teaching lab, inverted and fluorescent microscopes, a genetics facility (nanodrop, genetic analyzer, thermocycler, and electroporator), and numerous chemistry analytical instrumentation.
Application materials including, a detailed curriculum vita, a statement of teaching philosophy, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
A Ph.D. in biochemistry or chemistry is required.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children