Assistant Professor - Business Analytics and Information Studies
Trine’s College of Graduate and Professional studies is accepting applications for Assistant Professor in the programs of Business Analytics and Information Studies. The Assistant Professor will teach, advise, and mentor students in technology related programs. This individual will also support Academic Directors by serving as a subject matter expert for students, faculty, and staff, and by contributing to the design, planning, and assessment of STEM programs. This position is on a 12-month contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and register graduate students through personalized one-on-one advising.
- Engage in frequent contact with advisees until graduation to ensure student success by tracking and monitoring student academic progress.
- Develop academic courses following the TrineOnline development process and Quality Matters (QM) standards.
- Provide daily support to Academic Directors.
- Maintain a course load of six credit hours per term (five terms per year).
- Serve as a resource for students taking classes at the Detroit Education Center and assist with location coverage on a rotating basis.
- Deliver instruction both in-person, at the Detroit Education Center, and online with passion, vision and enthusiasm for teaching.
- Complete online course improvements as needed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for faculty, staff, and students for STEM programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
A terminal degree in Information Technology, Business Analytics or closely related discipline is preferred; minimum qualification for the position is a Master’s degree in Information Technology, Business Analytics or closely related discipline with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in online learning or higher education.
- Experience with advising students, student affairs, counseling or related experience.
- Experience in international relations or advising.
Experience with multiple modes of instructional delivery
Outstanding Benefits Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
Paid vacation and sick time
Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
Rank and salary will be based on qualifications.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled