As our Salesforce Administrator/Analyst
, you’ll have the
opportunity to be part of the innovative work we’re doing in
support of student success
at CU Boulder. In this role,
you’ll be eliciting customer requirements, analyzing business and
technical processes, solution design, configuration, development,
data integrations, and provide user support of our Salesforce.com
platform and its related applications. This is a tremendous
opportunity to be part of the exciting Salesforce higher education
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
- OIT will be valued by campus as a strategic, inclusive and
innovative partner in advancing learning and discovery in order to
enable CU Boulder to be a premier public university.
- OIT enables campus priorities by providing high-value IT
services and solutions.
- Trust, as a foundation for how we engage with one another and
with campus partners, along with
- Avid curiosity in how to better support the campus and our
- Fostering empowerment and authentic engagement among ourselves
- Celebrating inclusivity that promotes a sense of belonging
while acknowledging that each person is unique and valued.
- OIT will advance learning and discovery by delivering
high-value reliable IT services and solutions that:
- Provide a fluid and adaptable academic and student
- Enable research competitiveness and
- Deliver core infrastructure and enterprise IT services for
Based on our departmental goals and our commitment to diversity and
inclusive excellence, OIT particularly welcomes applications from
candidates whose knowledge, skills, and abilities, and desire to
contribute to an inclusive campus environment, will help us achieve
our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Business Analysis, Design and Configuration:
- Determine solution components and configuration changes to meet
business requirements and comply with CU technical standards.
Perform analysis and design, create design recommendations and
works with Solution Architect, Enterprise CRM Program Manager(s),
CRM DevOps and other key stakeholders in seeing implementation path
from design through deployment
- This position is primarily responsible for business and
technical analysis for the Salesforce.com/CRM service, generally
under the direction of the Enterprise CRM Program Manager. This
includes the following duties:
Technical Support for CRM/Salesforce.com-related
- Apply Salesforce.com and related applications' knowledge to
meet CRM requirements, including both core functionality and
related applications and integrations.
- Work with end-users to understand user needs, document those
needs as business requirements, use cases, user stories. Translate
user needs into technical specifications for use in configuring
Salesforce.com and related applications, and develop integrations
- Identify, recommend, and when approved by business owners,
execute changes to business processes, technical processes, system
configurations including fields, page, layouts, dashboards, and
reports, and other aspects of the Salesforce.com/CRM service.
- Investigate, recommend, and implement new enhancements such as
custom objects, workflows, email alerts, and templates.
- Maintain multiple user roles, security, profiles, workflow
rules adhering to Enterprise Services and OIT Standards and
- Monitor and import/export data as necessary to ensure accurate
data quality and synchronization with integrated systems. Perform
testing and other quality assurance activities to ensure that
changes to the service do not adversely impact functionality or
- Document design and configuration, including describing tools,
processes, and procedures necessary for the development and
maintenance of the CRM solution and associated applications.
- While not a primary responsibility, this position will provide
advanced technical support to CU clients experiencing issues with
or asking detailed questions about Salesforce.com/CRM and other
related services as assigned. Responsibilities include:
- Provide prompt, accurate, and courteous assistance with client
incidents and questions.
- Fulfill service requests within identified service levels and
- Identify and recommend improvements that would facilitate
client incidents and request resolution by the OIT IT Service
Center and/or Desktop Support units.
- Provide updated documentation to the aforementioned units to
allow them to better serve CU clients.
What We Can Offer
- Maintain and deepen CRM, technical, functional, and other
skills and knowledge. Apply learning to increasingly complex
program challenges and needs. Acquire learning through dedicated
CRM groups, online and in-person training, certification courses
and examinations, coaching, collaborating with other institutions
and organizations, and consulting with vendors.
- Annual salary range for this position is $80,000 - 85,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be collaborative. Be game-changing. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in computer
science, computer information systems, or related field. A
combination of education and/or related experience may be
substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Two years of professional experience in the administration,
design, and/or implementation of Salesforce.com, including
experience creating objects, fields and workflows, and customizing
page layouts, fields, tabs, and business processes.
- Two years of experience as a business or technical analyst that
includes business process documentation, development, and
improvement; and the development of business cases and formal
What We Would Like You To Have
- Personal, organizational, and communication skills necessary to
provide excellent customer service in resolving highly technical
issues in a higher education setting.
- Ability to appropriately interact with campus-wide information
technologists and end-users, including faculty, staff, and
- Ability to work independently and be proactive to ensure proper
availability of systems/services.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Three or more years' experience in technology solutions
engineering, technical infrastructure, or technical
- Salesforce.com certification, including administrative
certification (ADM201) and/or Sales Cloud / Service Cloud
- Experience with CRM implementation and service operations:
marketing, recruiting, business development, customer service,
multi-channel management, or case management.
- Experience working with data structures and data modeling.
Experience with Data Loader/Demand Tools.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 24, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: