The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites passionate and innovative nurses to be a member of our exemplary nursing education, research, practice, and service by applying to our tenure track faculty position starting as early as January 2024.
The Department of Nursing is recruiting for 3 probationary tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor at the Eau Claire campus.
A typical faculty workload responsibility may include up to twenty-four (24) credits of face-to-face, hybrid, and online instruction per academic year at the Eau Claire campus and/or other program locations as assigned. A successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in innovative curriculum design, instruction, and evaluation within CCNE-accredited programs. All faculty members are expected to engage in and mentor students in scholarly or research activity; advising; assisting in creating and participating in student recruitment and student engagement approaches; and potentially developing and implementing external grants. Interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship opportunities are readily available and supported by the university. Collaborative community exchanges, cultural immersion programs, a focus on rural health, and global awareness initiatives are well-established at the University. The university’s strategic plan and community agencies support new, innovative partnerships. Faculty and staff at the University foster student-centered learning, leadership skill development, and a robust shared governance model. Excellent research, leadership, clinical, and professional development opportunities are available and supported.
- DNP from an accredited nursing program or Ph.D. in nursing; or doctorate in a related field with a master’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program; candidates near completion of the doctoral degree may be considered, contingent on completion of the doctoral degree before the start of the contract,
- Unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States,
- Eligible for immediate licensure as a registered nurse in Wisconsin,
- Eligible for health care provider CPR certification, up-to-date immunizations, and other verifications required by clinical agencies,
- Satisfactory background study clearance as required by state statutes,
- Clinical practice experience as appropriate,
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to the core values of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
- Teaching experience in both undergraduate and graduate programs,
- Maternal/Child and/or pediatric nursing practice experience,
- APRN Certification,
- Professional nursing clinical experience,
- Evidence of scholarly and/or research dissemination,
- Skills/ability to integrate technology to enhance learning and teaching.