The University of Colorado Boulder's Leeds School of
encourages applications for a Finance Career
! The primary purpose of this position is to meet with
undergraduate finance students, individually and in groups, to
assist them in developing compelling resumes, cover letters, and
understanding their options in their job or internship search. This
person will utilize their background in the finance industry to
provide industry coaching and assist students with identifying
career opportunities within the finance sector that capitalize on
their strengths and interests. The Career Advisor also assists in
developing career strategies for the internship and job search.
This position leads and executes Career Development events,
programs and classes along with other team members. The individual
works closely with another Finance Career Advisor, the finance
faculty and with the CU Real Estate Center and Burridge
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Leeds is on a trajectory to become one of our nation’s preeminent
business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and
excellence, Leeds is committed to producing innovative, principled
business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who
possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a
globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in
academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide one-on-one coaching and advising with students in the
Leeds Business School's undergraduate program.
- Offer guidance on the various careers and requirements within
the finance and banking industry.
- Explain the various roles within finance to students (asset
management, corporate finance, financial services, investment
banking, insurance, wealth management, etc.).
- Provide individually tailored coaching, feedback and assistance
to students over the duration of their time at Leeds. Train
students to be prepared for succeeding in their job search; this
includes interview preparation, resume/cover letter review,
creating and delivering an effective personal brand statement, and
knowing how to network.
- Work with students to develop and continually refine a
realistic job strategy/work plan for both internship and full-time
employment; actively monitor the process that will determine each
student’s progress against career goals and provide guidance in the
achievement of those goals.
- Work with the Associate Director, Industry Coaching to develop,
coordinate and execute the collection of student career interest
and progress data. In addition to collecting this data, this person
needs to compile and understand the results in order to evaluate
and address student needs in a timely fashion.
- Industry Coaches are responsible for working with their
students and the Career team to meet school-wide placement and
response rate goals.
Administration, Documentation & Tracking
- Work with Associate Director and other Industry Coaches to
develop and deliver curricular and co-curricular career management
programming to undergraduate business population.
- Develop content for and conduct workshops, career panels and
training sessions on various career topics.
- Participate in the development, delivery and grading of career
assignments for upper-division classes.
What We Can Offer
- Utilize Salesforce to track all interactions with students and
to track their progress and placement outcomes.
- Work with Academic Advisors, faculty, and other undergraduate
programs to share information on student progress and needs and
identify intervention strategies.
- Work with the team to ensure graduate contact information is
collected and alumni contacts are up to date.
The salary range is $50,000- $54,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be adaptable. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Qualified applicants must have one of the following:
- Finance or accounting industry experience and knowledge of
financial services industry and careers.
- Or, two years of progressively responsible experience in career
services, staffing or higher education advising and/or coaching in
finance and business.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Knowledge of the finance job market and the use of electronic
resources in the career exploration and job search process for
- Proven efficiency in written and oral communications,
collaboration, and problem solving.
- Outstanding customer service skills when interacting expertly
with corporate recruiters, students, faculty, administrators and
- Comfort and skill in using technology including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, LinkedIn and other social media.
- Strong skills in establishing effective working relationships
with faculty and administrators.
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends for
specialized events and/or workshops.
- Promotes creating an inclusive environment to reflect our
values and vision at Leeds.
- Master’s Degree in counseling, education or business from an
- Recruiting experience in business or finance.
- Extensive knowledge of financial services industry and
- Prior experience developing and tracking metrics to gauge
student progress using a CRM or similar tool.
- Knowledge of SalesForce.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and
responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by September 27, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: