The School of Interdisciplinary Informatics in the College of Information Science and Technology invites applicants for a tenure-track assistant professor in Cybersecurity, starting as soon as Spring 2024.
- Ph.D. in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field with a Cybersecurity research area
- Teaching courses that align with the program's goals and objectives.
- Engaging in cybersecurity research
- Supervising and mentoring graduate students at both master's and doctoral levels.
Why choose CYBR at UNO?
Accreditation: The Cybersecurity program (or CYBR for short) at UNO is an NSA designated Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Defense (CD) and Cyber Operations (CO), a combination held by only a handful of universities nationwide.
Impact and growth: The CYBR program at UNO is growing and increasing its impact. Highlights include:
- Over $10M in federal grant funding secured in the past 5 years.
- A vibrant academic community of 6 tenure-track faculty, 3 dedicated full-time instructors, 282 undergraduates, 54 master's candidates, and a diverse group of students in minors, multidisciplinary studies, and graduate certificates.
- This represents a 20% average year-over-year growth rate since our inception, from 30 students in 2009 to 336 now.
- A groundbreaking curriculum offering both traditional and fully online degree options, catering to a wide array of students, including active-duty military and working professionals.
Applications must be submitted directly through the UNO website at https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/18589 to be considered for this position.
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. For questions about the position, please contact Dr. Matt Hale, Associate Professor of Cybersecurity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University and the College of Information Science & Technology have a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff. The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an E-Verify employer.