Position: Faculty Position (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor) in Social Work
Faculty Unit: Faculty of Education & Social Work
Program: Social Work
Closing Date: Review of applications will begin on October 27, 2023
Job Type: CFS Track, Full-time
Job Category: Faculty
BYUH seeks an Assistant professor (MSW), Associate Professor (PhD), or Professor (PhD) with required degree in social work or closely related field and two years of post-graduate field experience are required. Foreign equivalent degree accepted. Specializing in Research Methods, Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity or Inclusion.
As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Church), BYU–Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing, as authorized under 41 C.F.R. § 60-1.5 (a)(6). To be eligible for employment, applicants who are members of the Church must hold and be worthy to hold a current temple recommend and receive a clearance from the Church’s Ecclesiastical Clearance Office.
The base teaching load is typically 30 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas/courses:
- Social Research Methods and Applied Statistics Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Assessment and Treatment of Substance Abuse School Social Work Social Welfare Policy Social Work Practice with Organizations and Communities Scholarship, creative endeavor, ongoing professional development, and university service are required.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided. Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”) Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
Please complete and submit the following application materials using our online portal. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Official BYU-Hawaii online application via BYU-H’s HR portal (or link to application).
- A letter of application and current curriculum vitae.
- The “Fit Statement” (separate from the application letter): Response to the following question as a separate statement “Why do you consider yourself to be a good fit for BYU-Hawaii?”
- Three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position. Letter writers must include their names, addresses, and telephone numbers and send their letters via our online portal when prompted. Their contact information will be entered by you (if you are internal applicant) when you submit the online application. External applicants will receive further instructions via email after submission of application.
- Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received or last courses taken; electronic or scanned copies (as long as the Registrar’s seal is evident) should be included with other application documents. Optional - A link to a 10-minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
Starting Date: Fall 2024
Note: We will not be able to provide application feedback as many factors are considered, and multiple entities are involved in the review process.
Contact: Office of Associate Academic Vice President –Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762