Salary for Announcement
We anticipate the qualified candidate to be placed between $49,900
- $62,400. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role
will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not
limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and
reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the
time of posting.
As an Industry Navigator you will serve as a career specialist for
Electronics, Technology, and Information
industries and will
be responsible for deep understanding of Electronics,
Technology, and Information
industry trends and the ways in
which our students can acquire the skills, expertise, and career
readiness to transition their student experience into meaningful
careers. Additionally, the Industry Navigator works closely with
local Electronics, Technology, and Information
MSU Denver faculty, staff, and students to ensure all are prepared
for mutually beneficial and impactful experiential learning
opportunities. This position develops relationships surrounding
internship and career development opportunities for students,
develops programming to assist them in the process of readiness for
these opportunities, supports bridging that gap between student and
employer, and collaborates across campus with program and faculty
Additionally, the Industry Navigator is responsible for stewarding
and leveraging a portfolio of prospective and current employers
within the Electronics, Technology, and Information
industries serving as the primary liaison. The Industry Navigator
also participates in projects related to the promotion and
development of the Classroom to Career Hub with a keen focus on
post-graduation career outcomes including employment for current
students and alumni.
As MSU Denver seeks to be the national leader in educating students
for tomorrow’s careers, the University-Industry partnerships team
is forward-thinking and ensures programs are aligned to Colorado
workforce development trends. With an ambitious goal of engaging
100% of students in robust career planning in the next three years,
the University is committed to creating services that are scaled,
highly evaluated, and focused on the specific needs and interests
of MSU Denver students. To that end, successful team members think
critically about MSU Denver student demographics and their
respective career planning.
University-Industry Partnerships (50%)
Student Career Readiness (30%)
- Collaborate with current and prospective employers to
understand their unique opportunities to engage with MSU
- Work with respective faculty members to connect and foster
relationships with industry partners in benefit of students.
- Engage employers in developing a talent recruitment strategy
that includes diversity, equity, and inclusion, position
management, recruiting programs and events.
- Work closely with employers to build and strengthen internship
- Partner with industry to develop student career readiness
activities including classroom visits, mentoring, and panel
- Identify areas of engagement related to upskilling industry
- Cultivate a deep understanding of industry areas within
Colorado and according to CO talent pipeline needs.
- Manage a portfolio of high-profile employers aligned to MSU
Denver’s employer engagement strategy. Develop and manage programs
aligned to shared student development and recruitment
Assessment and Reporting (20%)
- Support career readiness programs for students by bringing
industry context to career planning.
- Provide industry-specific knowledge and strengthen opportunity
network within respective workforce sectors.
- Develop key partnerships with faculty to bolster skills learned
in the classroom and connect to applied learning within industry
- Partner with academic departments and faculty to promote and
encourage student participation in experiential learning
- Develop and track success measures regarding student
participation and industry partner engagement.
- Ensure reporting data in Career Link is accurate and
comprehensive including contact notes for students and
- Develop and maintain depth of understanding of respective
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes
clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they
meet ALL required qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous professional experience in at least one of the
following areas: Electronics, Technology, Information, Recruiting,
and/or Workforce Development.
- Client or Employer relations experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex or concurrent projects
or tasks while adapting to changing priorities.
- Experience with college recruiting, building campus
relationships or related university experience.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management platforms or
- Experience working with diverse, urban and non-traditional
teams, customers, or clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
C2 HUB - IP
Instructions to Apply
- 40 hours per week
- Hybrid schedule (on-campus and remote) available for this
For full consideration, please submit the following
- Cover letter describing relevant job experiences as they relate
to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
If you are an Internal applicant, please apply via the Career
tab within the WorkDay Menu
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their
resumes clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes
how they meet ALL required qualifications.
Open Until Filled
Posting Representative Email
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants
with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To
request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA
Coordinator at email@example.com
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 58% first generation students and over 50% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and