Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant III, Administrative
Job Description Summary:
To provide clerical and administrative support.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Performs administrative duties for a department in support of
faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including examining and
answering correspondence, processing and prioritizing office
communications, processing mail, answering the telephone and email,
arranging conference calls, and maintaining or coordinating the
2) Communicates program information and assists students.
3) Performs clerical duties including correspondence, ordering
supplies and equipment, maintaining files, processing mail, and
4) Gathers, compiles, and enters data, producing routine and
specialized reports and documents; maintains files, records, logs,
and other tracking systems.
5) May design and produce handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures,
manuals or other documents; may maintain or update webpages or use
6) Responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the
telephone; accesses and works with other staff to assist in
resolving issues from students, employees, and the public.
7) Maintains schedules, calendars, and appointments, which may
include scheduling department meetings and events, issuing
invitations, arranging for location and equipment, typing minutes,
and preparing information packets.
8) Compiles and produces routine reports or documents.
9) May input budget figures, prepare requisitions, maintain budget
sheets, log and track expenditures or take payments, or assist in
departmental procurement processes.
10) May serve as a technical resource for computer hardware and
software and other office equipment such as copiers and fax
11) May be assigned responsibility for special projects such as
scheduling rooms, compiling information packets, creating
spreadsheets, charts, and graphs, and other projects.
12) May oversee the work flow of others, as appropriate.
* Office procedures and practices.
* Customer service techniques.
* Basic bookkeeping procedures.
* Knowledge and understanding of underserved groups.
* Preparing and processing purchase orders and/or other purchasing
liaison skills such as procurement card (P-Card) reconciliation,
preparing requisitions, etc.
* Managing the budget within assigned department.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills with
attention to detail and follow-through.
* Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
* Establishing and maintaining effective internal and external
* Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
* May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and
Required Work Experience
* Two years related work experience.
* High school diploma or educational equivalent.
Other Preferred Qualifications
* Familiarity with serving diverse populations. Familiarity with
issues related to equity and inclusion.
* Work is performed in a standard office environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
$41,600 - $46,949
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
September 25, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday