The College of Business and Information Systems at Dakota State University seeks applicants for a 9-month, full-time instructor in information systems to start Spring (January) 2024 or Fall (August) of 2024. The applicant selected will be assigned to teach courses at the undergraduate level in information systems areas. Courses may be taught on-campus in Madison, SD and online as needed.
- Teaching a range of applied undergraduate courses in one or more of these areas: programming, web development, systems analysis and design, database, information systems management, analytics, big data, and artificial intelligence. Be sure to indicate your area of interest in your cover letter.
- Additional duties will include advising students, serving on university committees, assisting with recruitment activities.
- Masters in information systems, computer science, or a related information technology field.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate students.
Information about the College of Business and Information Systems:
The College of Business and Information Systems offers a PhD in Information Systems and Master of Science degrees in information systems, analytics, business administration, and health informatics. Undergraduate baccalaureate degrees include computer information systems, artificial intelligence in organizations, business administration, health informatics and information management, professional accountancy, and business and computer education.
- Flexible benefits package – including paid sick leave, health and retirement benefits
- Life and disability insurance options
- Reduced tuition and training opportunities
- Professional liability coverage
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter that succinctly describes how your qualification align with the responsibilities for position, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information and letters of reference for at least three professional references.
Finalist will be required to provide official transcripts as a condition of appointment.
For full consideration, please submit all materials by October 13, 2023, for a January start and February 25, 2024, for an August start. The search will remain open until the positions are filled.
About Dakota State University:
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.