Waukesha County Technical College – Financial Accounting Services department is excited to be hiring for a Procurement & Capital Controller. This position will plan, oversee and direct the College’s necessary functions to procure materials, supplies, equipment and services. Direct the procurement process to ensure all items purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints. Administers RFP process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance within established limits for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop the annual procurement report.
2. Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best price and service guarantee.
3. Serve as a liaison with vendors for the purpose of monitoring and consolidation of orders for better management of expenses. Assist and resolve issues with outstanding purchase orders and contracts.
4. Research contracts, suppliers, equipment, and regulations, including evaluation of new products for the purpose of analyzing information to determine product and/or service as necessary.
5. Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with a wide variety of purchasing policies and procedures, and/or monitoring purchasing processes.
6. Assist in the maintenance and modifications of the College’s ERP and related training as it pertains to purchasing functions.
7. Manage capital assets and related internal controls; ensure Financial Accounting Services (FAS) and other department adherence to WCTC procurement policy. Assist with the annual capital budgeting cycle.
8. Oversee and direct the work of the purchasing staff and review and update Procurement and Disposal policies and procedures to ensure compliance and good accounting practices and internal controls.
9. Review, implement, and maintain internal college policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls, security, and compliance with applicable requirements while optimizing workflow and efficiencies. This includes making recommendations for procedural improvements.
10. Represent the college on local, state, and national committees, task forces, and professional organizations. Facilitate RFP preparation, renewal, and award. Serve as the single point of contact for these vendors related to operations and capital equipment requirements.
11. Maintain current professional and technical knowledge in the field through professional education and activities. Know and stay current on related laws and regulations.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of large-volume, competitive purchasing.
- Thorough knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to governmental purchasing, such as the Uniform Commercial Code, Model Procurement Code, and contract law.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques of cost-benefit analysis.
- Considerable knowledge of procurement systems and applications relating to purchase functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal (staff, management, personnel) and external contacts (clients and vendors).
- Intermediate level of proficiency with computer software applications such as: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and/or presentations. Intermediate level of knowledge with internet, web technologies, electronic mail, and current operating systems.
- High level of experience and expertise in accounting theories and governmental accounting principles and techniques.
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical, and planning skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills - oral, written and listening.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Five years of work experience in governmental procurement.
- Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience or leadership of project teams strongly preferred.
- Experience with computerized financial software systems and technology for analysis and reporting.
The Controller - Procurement & Capital supports the Financial Accounting Services department and has a start date/on or before 11/01/2023 (start date can be flexible).
This position is full-time, exempt and benefit eligible.
Salary is commensurate based on experience and is listed to the midpoint of the hiring range at the 2023/2024 table.
All applicants (both internal and external) must submit a completed application along with a current resume.
Selected candidates will be invited to interivew. Interview date is to be determined.
**Posting will remain open until filled**