$65,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, including
generous paid time off, competitively priced
health/dental/vision/life insurance, tax-advantaged savings
accounts, and participation in the nationally recognized Wisconsin
Retirement System (WRS) pension fund. For a summary of benefits,
This Executive Assistant position in the Office of the Provost is
part of an administrative team that supports UW-Madison's broad
academic mission and provides leadership for campus initiatives,
programs, and services that advance institutional priorities.
This position has primary responsibility for managing official
email and correspondence for the office, as well as providing
executive support to the Provost's chief of staff. Day-to-day
responsibilities are varied and provide an opportunity to learn
about many aspects of the management of the university. The
Executive Assistant will occasionally be asked to provide back-up
coverage for other executive support staff, which will include
reception, calendaring, and preparation of materials for the
Provost's daily meetings and engagements.
Provides administrative support for a
leadership position with institutional influence and oversight
(Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Associate Vice Chancellor, and/or
Provost, as defined by the institution). Utilizes discretion and
operates independently with minimal supervision.
Institutional Statement on Diversity:
- 5% Schedules logistics for meetings, conferences, and travel
and organizes schedules for a leadership position with institution
- 35% Compiles, screens, and evaluates correspondence and reports
and recommends actions
- 30% Develops and facilitates communications of varying
complexity between various internal and external stakeholders
- 10% Manages the organization, auditing, security, and
confidentiality of records and files
- 10% Administrative support for several grant competitions.
- 5% Manages IT purchases and inventory for the Office of the
- 5% Updates Office of the Provost web pages
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for
UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect
the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience,
status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We
commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching,
research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by
creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every
background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve
Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please
visit: Diversity and
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and cloud collaboration
tools for a range of administrative tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage information in basic spreadsheets and
electronic filing systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail with strong editing skills
- Commitment to customer service
- Experience working in an administrative role as part of a
- Experience with scheduling for an executive/leadership
- Experience managing incoming and outgoing correspondence
including tracking requests, researching issues, and drafting
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive matters with the utmost
confidentiality and professionalism
- Experience in records retention, archiving, and managing paper
and electronic filing systems
- Basic skills in using a web content management system (CMS)
- Experience with, or the ability to quickly learn, campus
financial and HR tools
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment serving a diverse
We encourage you to apply even if you're not sure you meet all of
the listed qualifications.
Full Time: 100%
This position may require some work to be performed in-person,
onsite, at a designated campus work location. Some work may be
performed remotely, at an offsite, non-campus work location.
Appointment Type, Duration:
How to Apply:
Please click the '' button above. After creating a UW Jobs profile,
you will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume. Your
application materials should highlight your experience, knowledge,
and skills as they relate to the listed qualifications.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1. See RELAY_SERVICE
Executive Assistant II(AD011)
A01-GENL EDUCATIONAL ADMIN/UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATION/PROVOST
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to, including but not
limited to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, or status as
a protected veteran and other bases as defined by federal
regulations and UW System policies. We promote excellence through
diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability,
you can find information about how to make a request at the
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also
require you and your references to answer questions regarding
sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities
of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that
the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.
Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire
contains current campus safety and disciplinary
policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and
on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics
for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper
copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police