Interim Coordinator for Academic Support and Community
Sponsored Programs & Research
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Coordinate with relevant CSU AGRISTEM faculty to create and
establish the project’s academic curriculum and implementation tool
kits including recruiting materials, summer bridge program
schedules, pre and post-tests survey of program activities,
preparation of students for experiential learning opportunities,
and provide financial assistance to students. Provide opportunities
for participants to gain academic and career development through a
variety of development program, services, and practical
experiences. Coordinate with CSU faculty and liaison with NRCS to
provide student experiential learning opportunities in topics
related to the quality of life through land retention, family farm
development strategies, and land-based development initiatives all
pointing to climate adaptation resilience for persons with limited
resource and socially disadvantaged individuals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Track program student participants’ academic progress and
- Advise program student participants’ on managing scholarships
and all elements of financial aid
- Implement awareness programs to increase students understanding
and interest in professional
- careers in natural resources conservation
- Research and advise students of practical experience
opportunities through internships and
- Assisst in the implementation of summer bridge program for
selected incoming AGRISTEM and
- agriculture majors.
- Engage with AGRISTEM aculty and staff to organize and manage
academic support services for
- program participants.
- Identify, recruit, and manage student workers.
- Assisting and exposing students to opportunities for obtaining
scholarships through various
- agencies and academic institutions.
- Manage NRCS funded scholarships award process in collaboration
with Financial Aid, Registrar,
- Cash Management and other offices.
- Organize education and demonstration events for small farmers,
companies, and community
- members in coordination with CSU faculty and students.
- Communicate with faculty and students regularly and advise
Project Director of situations
- requiring intervention.
- Preparing brochures, flyers, and other print media in support
of the program.
- Arranging travel, itineraries, and process associated paperwork
for program staff, student, field
- trips and summer research and internships.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement training
- Demonstrated ability to productively and successfully work in a
- Must be able to maintain discretion in confidential
- Terminal degree in related field
- Prior advising and counseling experience at an Institution of
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to design
processes and evaluate the effectiveness
- of controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks
with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with students,
faculty, parents, and staff
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts